diy solar

diy solar

Installing eg4 power pro and 18kpv bracket height

TheFlumph

hi everyone, great forum you have here.
First, my powerpro battery didnt come with the lifting handle (that was fun unpacking), or manual, but i found the manual pdf on the sig solar site. what I cant find is what height to install the 18kpv bracket in order to put the battery and conduit box underneath. They all attach to eachother so I need to get that bracket at the exact right height. The manual gives the height to the top of the inverter, but the bracket height would be more useful. Thanks.

hi everyone, great forum you have here.
First, my powerpro battery didnt come with the lifting handle (that was fun unpacking), or manual, but i found the manual pdf on the sig solar site. what I cant find is what height to install the 18kpv bracket in order to put the battery and conduit box underneath. They all attach to eachother so I need to get that bracket at the exact right height. The manual gives the height to the top of the inverter, but the bracket height would be more useful. Thanks.

Perhaps in the specs sheets for the Powerpro, and the conduit box products, there is likely a dimension specs for both of them, as well as in the 18kpv specs sheet, you could get a more granular idea about the exact sizes (footprint) against the wall?

the spec sheets have exterior dimensions but that's it. I'm waiting to hear back from eg4. if I don't I suppose Ill measure everything up and hope I get the concrete bolts in the exact right spot.

Look at figures 15 and 16 in the battery manual. You use the X-brace to ensure the correct spacing.

Everything you need to know is in one of the manuals, I would assume the battery manual but maybe it's in the inverter one. I know I have read it somewhere.

Look at figures 15 and 16 in the battery manual. You use the X-brace to ensure the correct spacing.
So I should install the battery first, and go from there using the braces to get correct spacing for the inverter. Thats probably going to be my best bet I think.

At 4:15 in the video, they talk about how you can scale up to 10 inverters wide, with each inverter having up to 5 PowerPro batteries (50 PowerPro's, 715 KWh)... !!!

I wonder if even the manufacturer has ever built a lab test at full scale potential and torture tested it. I'd love to see videos of the maxed out scaled systems... Because for now, it seems all theoretical, since most people would max out at a couple inverters. Seems like 10 inverters could run some serious industrial type building.

Imagine hitting the RSD button on a fully stacked system at full load in a factory, it would get pretty quiet, pretty quick hehe...

@ 4:15

Back