diy solar

diy solar

Inverter grounding question

swiftbug2

Putting together my system and I decided to open the inverter to see where these extra fuses that came with it went. I noticed that the receptacles didn't have any kind of ground which you can see in the picture. I'm a journeyman electrician dealing in commercial/industrial so I have enough experience with AC. Being new to DC and solar maybe I'm just missing something but usually I would figure there would be a ground to the internal system somewhere or to the neutral. Also not seeing a place for mechanical ground unless it doesn't need oneIMG_20231125_134208.jpg

Likely that inverter will be one tgat makes 60V per leg, and doubles it across terminals.
Low buck inverters are designed with cost primarily.
They are floating setups.

Many inverters are not up to the task you would like them to be. Are you trying to wire into a stationary install?
Just setting something up to run my freezer and maybe a couple other small things when the power is out for an extended time. Once installed won't be going anywhere. Primarily I'm worried about damage to my appliances if anything goes to ground. Another thing I noticed is these fuses are 50s. Considering maybe getting some 3 prong to 2 converters if y'all think that will fix any potential appliance grounding issiesIMG_20231125_142715.jpg

As long as YOU are not touching both the inveryer, and the appliance, nothing will be damaged by a short.

Back