diy solar

diy solar

Is the wiring the same for an off grid 230VAC inverter?

Yes
But, that still doesn't solve the problem of trying to power North American 240v loads.
Thanks for the quick reply.
The PDU input is 415v, output is 230v, and it has C19 and C13 plug receptacles. My equipment requires two C13 inputs at a voltage between 200-240v. So wouldn't this PDU simplify what I am trying to sort out, or perhaps I misunderstand what you mean?

Here's the equipment:

Thanks for the quick reply.
The PDU input is 415v, output is 230v, and it has C19 and C13 plug receptacles. My equipment requires two C13 inputs at a voltage between 200-240v. So wouldn't this PDU simplify what I am trying to sort out, or perhaps I misunderstand what you mean?

Here's the equipment:
I don't know anything about crypto mining equipment.
If they have isolated power supplies, they might work with European power.

With DC output, they are probably isolated.
But that's just my guess. I didn't see anything that said definitely.
Thanks for your input. To clarify, should I ask the manufacturer if the power supplies are isolated and compatible with European power standards?

I liked this line from the spec sheet:
Caution: Wrong input voltage may probably cause miner damaged
Because somewhere in there is a joke about wearing a hard hat to an electron fight.

But the real joke is on me, that i HAVE damaged multiple things with wrong input voltage since i started playing with this stuff.. whoops..

How about this one instead, single 220-240v output and can be paralleled upto 6
Now we know you are powering computers, I would say the ground issue is not a big deal to you are you are not going to be touching them much, unlike say an air compressor or lathe.
Thanks for the input. This may be the easier option but it would be semi-outdoors.

I've also considered this one to output 400VAC and can be paralleled: https://maximumsolar.online/product/1601/

I was working on the design today and my plan is to connect two or three of these inverters in parallel at the main panel box using 3-pole breakers. Then use an additional 3-pole breaker from the main panel to output the power to the 415v input PDU. Or at least ChatGPT said the voltages would be within range :unsure:.

PDU specs:
nominal input voltage: 415V 3-phase
rated input voltage: 380 - 415V 3-phase
maximum input current: 60A

nominal output voltage: 230V
rated output voltage: 220 - 240V

Keep us updated, should be interesting :unsure:
After lots of researching I decided I was complicating things and decided to go with six of the LVX6048 WP PV Inverters capable of 120/240v.

I discussed this with Signature Solar and they said I needed a 600A busbar, 30000/48v, but that doesn’t seem safe.

I’m going to have three 16s 48v 280Ah battery packs max 1C. My loads can hit a maximum of 33,000 watts.

Is my math correct that I should have a 800 amp busbar:

33000w/.91 (DC to AC) efficiency /48v = ~755 amps

LVX6048 WP PV Inverter Manual
The manual mentions that the Battery Max Discharge is 150A. 150A x six inverters = 900A. 900A x 48v = 43,200w.

I’m wondering if I should go with 1000A busbars to be safe?

Appreciate any help!

Last edited:
After lots of researching I decided I was complicating things and decided to go with six of the LVX6048 WP PV Inverters capable of 120/240v.

I discussed this with Signature Solar and they said I needed a 600A busbar, 30000/48v, but that doesn’t seem safe.

I’m going to have three 16s 48v 280Ah battery packs max 1C. My loads can hit a maximum of 33,000 watts.

Is my math correct that I should have a 800 amp busbar:

33000w/.91 (DC to AC) efficiency /48v = ~755 amps

LVX6048 WP PV Inverter Manual
The manual mentions that the Battery Max Discharge is 150A. 150A x six inverters = 900A. 900A x 48v = 43,200w.

I’m wondering if I should go with 1000A busbars to be safe?

Appreciate any help!
One way to look at it:
With a 600A bus bar, any two connections can have a max of 600 amps between them.

Let's say the Position 1 and Position 2 are battery and inverter. You can have 600 amps between them.
Let's say move the battery and inverter to position 3 and 4. Same result.

Now, let's say you add a battery and inverter at position 1&2, and a 2nd set at 3&4. Most of the current will flow between 1&2, and 3&4, and a little bit between the sets. Each set may be able to get close to 600 amps without exceeding the rating of the busbar (no part of the bus bar exceeds 600 amps).

If you put the inverters at 1&2, and the batteries at 3&4, then you can't exceed 600 amps.

I might be missing something, but that is my first thought: two separate 600 amp bus bars that happen to be connected in the middle.

Note: I wouldn't try 1200 amps at position 2 feeding 600 amps to each of position 1 and 3. That exceeds the 600 amp rating of position 2 connection.

Back