diy solar

diy solar

JK-BMS-CAN with new Cut-Off Charging Logic (open-source)

@chaosnature, unless you want to force discharge to the grid, set the discharge time slot to 00:00 - 00:00.

Setting a discharge time slot on the Solis means that it will force export to the grid, in your case at 20A or so.

I'm pretty confident that the inability to discharge down to a SOC lower than 50% is due to inverter settings.
You should confirm what the OverDischarge SOC setting is on your inverter - set it to something like 10-20% and the inverter will use the battery to that point.

@chaosnature, perhaps it makes sense to start up a thread specifically to go through your setup.
There's more than just the JK-BMS to CANbus project that is being discussed here, so I'd like to spin this conversation off into a separate discussion.

Start up a new thread, tag me in it and I'll see if we can establish exactly what settings you need on the BMS, CANbus adaptor and the inverter itself.

@chaosnature, perhaps it makes sense to start up a thread specifically to go through your setup.
There's more than just the JK-BMS to CANbus project that is being discussed here, so I'd like to spin this conversation off into a separate discussion.

Start up a new thread, tag me in it and I'll see if we can establish exactly what settings you need on the BMS, CANbus adaptor and the inverter itself.
You are very right

i will delete all the comments as it would deter others when they seek information

I got the Atom Canbus delivered today - I do remember ordering 4, I thought it was 2 I ordered

what is the next step in configuring them...?

I don't think you can add additional cells for balancing and monitoring without increasing the total voltage. As you say, that's not something you can do with the Solis inverter.

I'd suggest buying another JK BMS that matches your current one, setting up the second battery with that and you can potentially be the tester for multi BMS logic when I develop it.
Just to update this thread that i have successfully added the second battery with BMS active balancing in play

Just monitoring and i am now trying to get both batteries's SOC to level up when in action

1709297577180.png

Also, I'd like to add my two cents to this amazing project.

I've prepared a summary connection diagram for those who are going to use the M5Stack—a nice product that simplifies the wiring and connections, making the hardware part almost plug and play.
Both configurations have been tested and are stable

View attachment 198115
I realized what I did wrong - was supposed to order x2 of the actual esp32 and x 2 of the esp32s3 and i ordered x4 of the CAN isolation instead

@arzaman
can you please send a link to the M5Stack Official ATOMS3 Lite ESP32 Dev Kit i can only find the wireless

I am hoping the wire will work for me using these components as it does with the ESP32normal chip

regards

@arzaman
can you please send a link to the M5Stack Official ATOMS3 Lite ESP32 Dev Kit i can only find the wireless
here is the link to Atom S3 Lite

here is the link to Atom S3 Lite

Did you manage to get the Wire version to work with Atom S3?

I would like to tell those who are interested in a multi-bms version not to buy too much ESP32 or other hardware in advance. If we want to get it right, it's more than likely that a dedicated PCB will be required.

100% wait and watch!!
And in the meantime, don't waste unnecessary money into buying kits that won't come into use.

Back