diy solar

diy solar

JK-BMS-CAN with new Cut-Off Charging Logic (open-source)

Did you manage to get the Wire version to work with Atom S3?
No , still not, I have not spent so much in debug and troubleshooting (I just compile the code with different options) but no way to connect UART to JK RS485 port.

I got all the components delivered - however the "connector-grove-to-4-pin-10pcs" does not fit, you might want to check its correct again..

regards
oh i see my error - the cable is missing, got to order that, do you have link?

I got all the components delivered - however the "connector-grove-to-4-pin-10pcs" does not fit, you might want to check its correct again..

regards
Been working fine for over a month, just in older version of code. Will update when at cabin this weekend to whatever is in the repo.

IMG_4464.jpeg

Let me know if the new code works for you as i had issues with the new code so i am actually using x.16 version
Going to be a busy weekend...already prepped the wife.
  1. First is to try the ESP32/MCP2515 device to only report Victron shunt data over Pylontech protocol to the Lux inverter, regardless of what brand BMS is behind it all. Have this working with my bench power supply, just no way to read the CAN output of the MCP2515.
  2. Will try updated code from this project on M5stack (older version still running and only reporting to HA, not controlling inverter since I'm not there)
  3. If time allows will try @Der_Hannes project, still digging into that one to understand what I need to get it to work, looks like multiple devices reporting to mqtt then a singular esp32 reporting to inverter.

1. First is to try the ESP32/MCP2515 device to only report Victron shunt data over Pylontech protocol to the Lux inverter, regardless of what brand BMS is behind it all. Have this working with my bench power supply, just no way to read the CAN output of the MCP2515.
  2. Will try updated code from this project on M5stack (older version still running and only reporting to HA, not controlling inverter since I'm not there)
  3. If time allows will try @Der_Hannes project, still digging into that one to understand what I need to get it to work, looks like multiple devices reporting to mqtt then a singular esp32 reporting to inverter.
thats correct - the subscribe topics needs to be replaced to the desired source-BMS/Shunt
every device has an additional availability topic besides the normal data-topics, which sets a binary sensor to ON.
And every device has an Switch, to enable it for combining states if the device is available.

mqtt config for general purpuse broker is a mess on esphome... thats why is split the code in so many yaml

The structure of all BMSs must be the same under different subtopics (shunt is separate)

Sounds exciting - especially the multi aspect...cant wait for result

Do you mind sharing how you flash yours again and confirm which code was used?

bcos - I flash the S3 with the normal ESPHome process and now when i plug it into the computer it connects and disconnects over and over on the designated COM port. i erase and flash it with the same process only using the prepare for first use , and i can connect to the wifi and ping its ip

so looks like it doesn't work for me

bcos - I flash the S3 with the normal ESPHome process and now when i plug it into the computer it connects and disconnects over and over on the designated COM port. i erase and flash it with the same process only using the prepare for first use , and i can connect to the wifi and ping its ip

I just downloaded the recommended drivers for my MacOS, download Python and cloned repo. Didn't do much more than that to get this working. I have since moved on to running/updating through GitHub Desktop

I'm sorry but @arzaman couldn't get the Wire version to work with Atom S3.

This doesn't mean it's impossible.

The RX and TX pins should be this one. To test.

I just downloaded the recommended drivers for my MacOS, download Python and cloned repo. Didn't do much more than that to get this working. I have since moved on to running/updating through GitHub Desktop
It flashes but no light blinks any more after flashing and it is detected not detected repeatedly by windows - i dont know how to use github, i am not a coder , i think i have gone too deep already
1709578728179.png

and then this
1709579032772.png

If using an M5 Stack Atom module, first download the drivers (select OS): https://docs.m5stack.com/en/download
Then download/install esphome, clone the repository (follow instructions in the Readme)
Then use your IDE of choice, I use Python on CLI on MacOS. I use VIM to modify file and the following commands:
  1. esphome config esp32_wire_jk-bms-can.yaml (allows to verify config)
  2. esphome run esp32_wire_jk-bms-can.yaml (builds and deploys config over USB for my implementation)

It flashes but no light blinks any more after flashing and it is detected not detected repeatedly by windows - i dont know how to use github, i am not a coder , i think i have gone too deep already
View attachment 200001

and then this
View attachment 200002

To open web interface locally you need to enable the web serve on ESP32 and modify the yaml file (by default that section is commented)

web_server:
port: 80

I suggest to use HomeAssistant integration to mange your settings and not the web page
I suggest to compile the Yaml file using command line (as per instrution on ghitub page)

PS try also to open the url with the IP of your ESP32

If using an M5 Stack Atom module, first download the drivers (select OS): https://docs.m5stack.com/en/download
Then download/install esphome, clone the repository (follow instructions in the Readme)
Then use your IDE of choice, I use Python on CLI on MacOS. I use VIM to modify file and the following commands:
  1. esphome config esp32_wire_jk-bms-can.yaml (allows to verify config)
  2. esphome run esp32_wire_jk-bms-can.yaml (builds and deploys config over USB for my implementation)
i consider myself pretty IT literal - but i can tell you now this is going to be frawned on by many others as a process to get this working; though it seems better due to its plug-and-play advantage, but I am not sure i want to load my pc with so many programs and driver just to load a bin file unto a chip...

but i will try your suggestion ---thanks

To open web interface locally you need to enable the web serve on ESP32 and modify the yaml file (by default that section is commented)

web_server:
port: 80

I suggest to use HomeAssistant integration to mange your settings and not the web page
I suggest to compile the Yaml file using command line (as per instrution on ghitub page)

PS try also to open the url with the IP of your ESP32
YAml file is already enable to Web option

Back