diy solar

diy solar

Li Time parallel battery diagram

atatistcheff

Solar Enthusiast
I just bought a Li Time 24V 100Ah battery to power my car detailing setup. I will probably buy a second one next year to increase the total Wh of the system. In the Li Time manual they have an interesting recommendation for connecting the two batteries in parallel (attached). I don't think I've seen this before. The thing that I wonder about is the cable connecting the positive and negative terminals of both batteries. Seems like connecting each of these to their respective bus bar would be enough. Thoughts?

20231118_194733.jpg

What it will do is compensate for any resistance difference between the two connections to the busbar, which should be minimal, but I think it could have some positive effect.

Normally, if either of the connections to the busbar have a higher resistance, the one with the lower resistance will take more of the load until the voltages even out. The wire connecting the two batteries ensures the battery voltages are the same (and therefore the output currents are the same) by allowing current to flow along that wire to the connection with the lower resistance.

Or you could just connect these in parallel like this. Cables between the batteries need to be of the same length.

Attachments

• parallel.png
    parallel.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 5
Or you could just connect these in parallel like this. Cables between the batteries need to be of the same length.
Yes, this is what I've always seen before. Seems less complex and if it accomplishes the same result then KISS.

Back