diy solar

diy solar

Luyuan battery case

LMAO ~ Well folks, bored ?
My fun begins ! some assembly required and lot'sa patience. lol
View attachment 207080
All of these get a 200A JK-Inverter edition. New 4.3" screen.
All get Single M8 Case Terminals.

This stack of 6 = 68" high. NO CELLS inside "yet" as this is just unpacking and prepping for assembly

<--- #1 waiting for cells to top charge...

#2 and below standing by waiting.

Sometimes I wish I had 6 arms & hands...
Are those all going to be filled with the EVE 304A cells?
That would be 46,694 Watt-hours! Awesome.

24V system, 8x 280AH cells per case.
1680AH / 43kWh
That is still pretty nice!

I just ordered 4 of the 304A battery kits from Amy. Plus a 12v to switch my RV house battery over to lithium.
Now the hardest part is waiting! I feel like a 6 year old who knows their getting a new bike for their birthday.... but it's two months away. (Is it here yet? Now? How about now?)

My fifth and sixth 8s box is arriving Monday
Would someone be able to stack a 2nd lug on one of those M8 terminals you got or is it designed for only one and you are going to home run each case?
That is still pretty nice!

I just ordered 4 of the 304A battery kits from Amy. Plus a 12v to switch my RV house battery over to lithium.
Now the hardest part is waiting! I feel like a 6 year old who knows they’re getting a new bike for their birthday.... but it's two months away. (Is it here yet? Now? How about now?)
My first order took about seven weeks but Chinese new year holiday was in the middle of the order, and the second at just under five weeks arriving Monday. Just getting next order together to complete the 57kwh bank.

My fifth and sixth 8s box is arriving Monday

My first order took about seven weeks but Chinese new year holiday was in the middle of the order, and the second at just under five weeks arriving Monday. Just getting next order together to complete the 57kwh bank.
Amy told me it could take 3 weeks to get the cases cut and everything ready to ship, so I imagine it will be 2 months before I am going to get my hands on them. :cry:

Ok this is going to work, I am mounting a 200amp class t fuse to the back of the front handle, I have 4m of 2ga 200c red and black wire coming and I will use it to go from the breaker to fuse and from fuse to front main lug.

5CC95903-7A62-498E-AE64-E226DBB02CC8.jpegB00DA525-F8DE-4F00-9BB1-2C611D55F1D3.jpegFC92B67C-8EFA-4772-9898-3E6D97E6CEC0.jpegC5BA9B03-B029-467F-A077-9A9622A952EF.jpeg

Ok this is going to work, I am mounting a 200amp class t fuse to the back of the front handle, I have 4m of 2ga 200c red and black wire coming and I will use it to go from the breaker to fuse and from fuse to front main lug.

View attachment 207382View attachment 207383View attachment 207384View attachment 207386
Cool idea S Davis. I would cover the fuse and everything connected to it. It's too easy to make a mistake with all of that metal exposed. Tape is way better than nothing.

Looks like a good solution but a couple of ?
How much space between the fuse mounting & BMS when installed ?
As I am assembling my cases the real estate in there is snug (JK Inverter BMS). You certainly want bit of room between components.

As Arthur point out, that Angle is screaming at me as well...
Trim to reduce size. TRIM all corners (round them) & edges and have NO SHARPS AT ALL ! You likely noticed that the case edges are all "soft" not a sharp in the case to be found.
Does that fuse mount also have a cover ? Ever see a Class T Blow and send flying sharp ? Hard to do but can happen and NOT pretty ! They are surprisingly fragile too.

SOMETHING ODD ? Different ??
On my cases, the ON/OFF switch is between the display & handle, right below the P- terminal.

have NO SHARPS AT ALL
A great idea. When messing around in my battery case, the only concern I want it keeping my tools clear of battery terminals and being careful not to pull anything out of place once assembled. An untimely oops can really mess up the day.

Sorry it was just a mockup to see if it will fit, I didn’t mean to trigger any ones OCD:) I am going to adapt or change the angle to be more pleasurable on the eyes. I am not using the inverter model BBS so I have more room.B021CDAA-A48A-4979-8296-E78E7B2316E5.jpeg

And it will be covered. And with my ocd I will probably have to paint the angle as well.

Last edited:
Well just got a shipment update, showing up today instead of Monday and it should have my 2ga silicon wire. Just need some 2ga 90 degree lugs.

Sorry it was just a mockup to see if it will fit, I didn’t mean to trigger any ones OCD:) I am going to adapt or change the angle to be more pleasurable on the eyes. I am not using the inverter model BBS so I have more room.View attachment 207486

And it will be covered. And with my ocd I will probably have to paint the angle as well.
What about swapping the positive and negative terminal around, so the fuse is not anywhere near the negative?

What about swapping the positive and negative terminal around, so the fuse is not anywhere near the negative?
That is a good idea, I would have to make a couple extra cables for the negative. But I have some Eriflex flexibar 3/32/1 that I could probably use between the fuse and main positive.

Ok that was a great idea, I just need to make a little link bar. It lines up almost perfectly.

1354ACA7-9A7E-42ED-BEFB-E19ACFD48F9C.jpeg9A38DDEB-8819-4AEB-8C43-0A5FA53628B1.jpeg

Ok made a link bar from a cell buss bar.

A45D3F0F-F80F-414B-B8E3-9A4DF576EE5D.jpegF1F7C002-4530-4A76-8064-C9E070682166.jpeg

Trimmed the bar a little for a little more clearance.

607FEC7D-EEF5-45E9-88CC-41EDEF8B1CF9.jpeg

Last edited:
Better BUT I had a heart palpation when I saw all that Open Unprotected Steel. A flash in my mind of what would happen if a piece of metal bridges that connect to (+) and the bracket etc... 1 oopsie Flash = 1 Bad Day.

1712427472094.png
1) I would at minimum put heat shrink to cover the busbar from Fuse to Terminal. Also I would shorten the M8 Bolt so not so much thread is exposed. "Murphy Temptation".

2) Your Angle Bracket ! PLEASE TRIM THAT DOWN ! get rid of excess and really make sure it is all "soft edged" so nothing sharp...
Another Murphy Temptation".

Never EVER provide temptations / Invitations for Murphy to come and apply his laws onto you. Straight from the Lesson Learned pile of Crisis Management, Rule 1 being Prevent the crisis in the first place !

Better BUT I had a heart palpation when I saw all that Open Unprotected Steel. A flash in my mind of what would happen if a piece of metal bridges that connect to (+) and the bracket etc... 1 oopsie Flash = 1 Bad Day.

View attachment 207517
1) I would at minimum put heat shrink to cover the busbar from Fuse to Terminal. Also I would shorten the M8 Bolt so not so much thread is exposed. "Murphy Temptation".

2) Your Angle Bracket ! PLEASE TRIM THAT DOWN ! get rid of excess and really make sure it is all "soft edged" so nothing sharp...
Another Murphy Temptation".

Never EVER provide temptations / Invitations for Murphy to come and apply his laws onto you. Straight from the Lesson Learned pile of Crisis Management, Rule 1 being Prevent the crisis in the first place !
no worries, work in progress. Going for safety here, not just my life anybody around my build could be at risk.

E627278B-9A27-47D6-81F2-313C8EED452E.jpeg5AC1F949-8E6F-4BC7-850C-9675F32A62F1.jpeg

Back