diy solar

diy solar

Luyuan battery case

If you're using Victron Lynx, they added a T-Class fuse holder-with-busbars to their product line.
First time it's been seen in the wild I think. Two fuse holders, two battery inputs. One thing to note it's an m10 sizing for the terminals, and would need to work in conjunction with an m10 distributor unless maybe you did some drilling.

First time it's been seen in the wild I think. Two fuse holders, two battery inputs. One thing to note it's an m10 sizing for the terminals, and would need to work in conjunction with an m10 distributor unless maybe you did some drilling.
Yep, both the Lynx Distributor and Lynx Power In come in both M8 and M10 for the busbar linkage, it seems the Class-T Power In only comes in M10, it's something to take note of.

It comes at just below Euro 200,- not cheap ... but I've looked at Class-T fuse holders, Euro 45,- each, and then you need some lugs to go from the holder to a busbar and so on.

However, a Class-T in the battery itself has the benefit of being as close to the cells as possible.

So I'm conflicted at the moment.

Yep, both the Lynx Distributor and Lynx Power In come in both M8 and M10 for the busbar linkage, it seems the Class-T Power In only comes in M10, it's something to take note of.

It comes at just below Euro 200,- not cheap ... but I've looked at Class-T fuse holders, Euro 45,- each, and then you need some lugs to go from the holder to a busbar and so on.

However, a Class-T in the battery itself has the benefit of being as close to the cells as possible.

So I'm conflicted at the moment.
I was expecting four inputs for some reason but now I see if you had two 400A fuses now you are at 800A theoretical on a 1000A rated bus.

I think it's nice to have as an available option, but like you said I think best practice is having the fuse/breaker closer to the batteries. If your runs are short maybe?

I was expecting four inputs for some reason but now I see if you had two 400A fuses now you are at 800A theoretical on a 1000A rated bus.

I think it's nice to have as an available option, but like you said I think best practice is having the fuse/breaker closer to the batteries. If your runs are short maybe?
The Lynx Class T would be best used when outputting to a pair of inverters, a Class T to each inverter. Take my system for example, the Lynx below the wiring trough has all power from the battery bank and charge controllers to it, then it is split off to each inverter. In the wiring trough, there is a Class T 250A for each inverter. This would eliminate having a Class T in the wiring trough.

If it is $200 though, it isn't price competitive. I just ordered some Class T's from Don Rowe and the cost for each Class T holder with a 250A fuse is $79.99 each. A Class T by itself is $59.99.

EG4 MPPT100-48 installed.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't use a Class-T for each inverter, but for each battery. I'm currently preparing to build a Victron based 3-phase system, that's 3 linked inverters. Of course, the inverters will be fused, but not with Class-T.

Personally, I wouldn't use a Class-T for each inverter, but for each battery. I'm currently preparing to build a Victron based 3-phase system, that's 3 linked inverters. Of course, the inverters will be fused, but not with Class-T.
Personally, I would use a Class T for each inverter. :)

Plenty of battery power ahead of the Class T's in my system. Each battery has a Class T 175A and I have 4 batteries to a solid copper busbar which has 4/0 battery cable to the ABB breaker. The ABB shunt trip breaker is set to 500A on the Batrium, 4/0 battery cable in and out. Each inverter circuit is protected by a 250A Class T fuse, 2/0 battery cable.

Right, class t for batteries and then megafuses in the distributor(s) for the inverters and charge controllers.

Which models are you going to run in 3 phase?

So can the Class-T Lynx Power In only handle 2 batteries where the regular Lynx Power In can handle 4 batteries?

HEADS-UP ~ Lessons Learned Dept !

When ordering cases WITHOUT Cells (when you have your own & want to install into cases) it is VERY Important to account for the different cells terminal spaces. Even with EVE LF280* Cells, the terminals may be either tapped holes, welded studs or the new double hole mounts. LF280's have their terminals closer to the middle unlike the N & K versions.

As Luyuan/Amy are supplying bus bars (flexible Laminated copper for dbl terminal, Copper Wire Mesh, or Solid tinned copper) the required length will be different, "most especially" on the X-BAR that crosses from one side to the other.

Of course the various Brands & Models/Revisions CATL, Lishen, Gotion (ad infinitum) all vary.

So do you have a case that needs to be modified for your cells in hand? Or just another purchase of bus bars?

Back