diy solar

diy solar

Luyuan battery case

So will this be two 12v 304Ah packs with separate BMSs in parallel in one box? With one set of external terminals?
Yes each 12v will have a breaker and then to single class t and single main terminals. These are for my mobile system, I have 560ah in my work truck and will be able to add up to four of these 608ah boxes.

Last edited:
I was skeptical about the Luyuan matched and batched cells..
But my cells didn't need to be balanced. I put them together 16s and I was able to use them between 3.0V and 3.45V at 100 amps. My JK BMS with active balance didn't even need to balance at all.
That was not the case with my previous cells that I bought from Deligreen. I had to run my active balancer for days and days to get them balanced.
I will eventually charge the Luyuan cells to 3.55V and let them top balance but I don't really need to. These Luyuan matched and batched cells are awesome.

I started an Alibaba chat with Amy trying to get info on the feasibility of 230Ah cells, and what the boxes cost shipped to my ZIP. She never responded to the inquiry sent through her luyuanbattery.com website. Hopefully she responds, and the price passes the wife test (though she's totally onboard with things being built safely).

The metal boxes I bought to DIY a box are going to take enough work to modify still that I'm a little unsure if that was a smart idea based on how much time I have to dedicate to this stuff, and my lack of metal-working tools and skills. I can still use those boxes for other stuff such as housing my busbars and breakers or other stuff, so they aren't really wasted money. I'm moving away from just having that stuff bolted to the open wall I think.

I started an Alibaba chat with Amy trying to get info on the feasibility of 230Ah cells, and what the boxes cost shipped to my ZIP. She never responded to the inquiry sent through her luyuanbattery.com website. Hopefully she responds, and the price passes the wife test (though she's totally onboard with things being built safely).
Amy must not check messages on that website.
You can create a free email address and use that for Alibaba so you don't have to use your regular email.
There are a lot of good deals on Alibaba once you get used to it.

She responded to chat already. Basically just under $550 for two boxes shipped with modifications to support the EVE 230Ah cells and mounting my JBD contactor BMSes without screens. I'm debating whether to do that or keep going with my attempt at the other boxes. Wife is unsure on $

Yes and one class t
Amy must not check messages on that website.
You can create a free email address and use that for Alibaba so you don't have to use your regular email.
There are a lot of good deals on Alibaba once you get used to it.
Yep, picked up a couple of 12-24 volt compressor refrigerators 50l upright and 40l drawer for about $775.00 shipped to my door. One for the work truck and the bonus drawer is going to be installed next to my workbench. Can’t hardly buy one for that.
E3BF0129-ABF5-4881-909A-3DAC0A45D18D.png03BFF368-D99F-4431-A349-C1875CCF3D5E.jpeg

She responded to chat already. Basically just under $550 for two boxes shipped with modifications to support the EVE 230Ah cells and mounting my JBD contactor BMSes without screens. I'm debating whether to do that or keep going with my attempt at the other boxes. Wife is unsure on $
Sounds about right, $160.00 per box with shipping Is what I have paid for boxes in my three orders. Amy didn’t charge me any extra to modify my four 12 volt boxes which is cool because she spent quite a bit of time helping get them figured out.

She has been awesome to work with, if she has it I would not buy anywhere else. But you need patience, my last order was seven weeks, the current one is at four weeks and they are just cutting my custom fronts so looking closer to 10-12 weeks on this one.

Yep, picked up a couple of 12-24 volt compressor refrigerators 50l upright and 40l drawer for about $775.00 shipped to my door. One for the work truck and the bonus drawer is going to be installed next to my workbench. Can’t hardly buy one for that.
View attachment 213891View attachment 213890
Have a link on the fridge? I'm looking to replace the 3 way in my camper with a compressor unit. 3 way works fine, just don't use it because we have a Dometic CFX95 in the backseat area of the truck cab.

Sounds about right, $160.00 per box with shipping Is what I have paid for boxes in my three orders. Amy didn’t charge me any extra to modify my four 12 volt boxes which is cool because she spent quite a bit of time helping get them figured out.

She has been awesome to work with, if she has it I would not buy anywhere else. But you need patience, my last order was seven weeks, the current one is at four weeks and they are just cutting my custom fronts so looking closer to 10-12 weeks on this one.
It took 35 days for the pallet to arrive on my doorstep. But I had ordered and paid before the Chinese New Year holiday and that added 4 weeks.

Have a link on the fridge? I'm looking to replace the 3 way in my camper with a compressor unit. 3 way works fine, just don't use it because we have a Dometic CFX95 in the backseat area of the truck cab.
I contact through the app, this is the company I purchased from. They will do sample orders. You have to contact them to get a quote. I got tired of constantly moving the portable 50l fridge around and also the floor space it took up.

F1F76913-2456-43B4-B6B2-9896D4C46BB5.png

This is the one I bought.

0EECF3D0-6A3A-477E-BFB8-2AC29E661F0C.png

Last edited:
Kapton Tape

BrandAPT Advanced Polymer Tape
MaterialSilicone
Number of Items1
Recommended Uses For ProductIndoor, Electrical, Plumbing, Arts And Craft, Painting, 3D Printing, Sublimation
Special FeatureNo Residue

About this item​

• 【Wide Area of Applications】-Used for electronic products, soldering, circuit boards, manufacturing, fiber optics cable, insulating circuit boards, ground barrier & insulation for coils, 3D printing, high temperature sublimation powder coating, etc.
  • 【High Temperature】- APT Polyimide tape has highly excellent heat & solvent resistance. Minimal shrinkage after baking and clean removal, and also shows the great electrical insulation. It maintain high-temperature resistance as high as 400F (260℃).
  • 【Clean Removal, No Residue】- Our high temperature tape can withstand up to 400F (260℃) degrees. Remove cleanly, leaves no residue.
  • 【No Shrinking, Curling, Or Lifter Edges】- Made with high temperature silicone adhesive and premium film. Our tape resists curling, shrinking, and lifted edges every time.
  • 【Trusted Every Where】- Our tape do not contain any harmful chemicals, and complies with RoHs & Reach requirements. It is rigorously tested and meets American Society for Testing and Materials D-5213 standard, for high performance every time.

Guys, I talked about the ground for the battery cases. Each battery case has a screw hole for a ground on the removable face plate.
But I see a problem because the screw holes are painted. And the whole face plate is painted so the face place most likely doesn't make a good connection with the rest of the case.
My batteries never had a ground when I had them set up without the case so I am not supper worried about this but if I am going to set up a ground for each battery, I want to do it right.
Are you guys doing anything about these issues I mentioned about the ground screw hole being painted and the fact that the faceplate with the ground hole is painted and doesn't make a connection with the rest of the case?

Back