diy solar

diy solar

Math Validation

Here is what I'm ultimately going to do, unfortunately it costs another freaking $400, but it will work.

They're the exact same voltage and amps, just different manufactures and about a year difference in age, but the original batteries have not been cycled hard, probably less than 100 cycles, so they're damn near new. With the balancer that will at least handle minor charging variances between them and then I imagine over time they will be fine. Even batteries from the same manufacture can have disimilar resistance so this scenario could be nearly no difference or it could be a little larger, either way, it's what is in the budget and it will work for years.

1710864132472.png

I see that you have put both parallel and series jumpers in the middle. (Instead of one or the other) I'm pretty sure that there's a reason to not do that. But for the life of me, I can't remember what it is, right now.

Other than needing a fuse on the parallel jumpers.
Maybe that's the only thing...........

I installed a pair of new batteries into the system the other day. Both sets were at 100% SOC and as of today, their midpoint is at zero %

1711039941398.png

I'm pretty stoked to see that both sets of batteries have nearly the same characteristics and the balancer is doing nearly nothing.

Also, I didn't notice it at first, but these appear to be either the exact same manufacturer or technical writer, but the specs are identical and so are the graphics in the manuals.

It's literally, word-for-word the same content on most pages and images are identical.

IMG_4565.jpeg
IMG_4564.jpeg

Back