diy solar

diy solar

Megarevo 8K Firmware Update

This inverter does also operate like a grid tie inverter like the 12k Solark correct? Meaning it supplies power directly to the homes main panel Via a bidirectional AC input.. if the CTs are right at the inverters AC input that from the main panel and in zero export mode, then it could never supply the homes main panels loads. It could only supply power to the critical/offgrid panel..

I thought the same thing...

The values the CTs are to determine Zero Export change significantly based on where they're placed...

Mine are currently placed at the output of the 40A main panel breaker which means it's only trying to zero out what I'm pulling to the inverter's grid tie input... Not the whole home's 200a panel.

(Is that correct? IDK? Not really from what I see in the manual, but EG4's Commissioning video has them that way but on the same L1 & L2 line where it comes into the 8K inverter connection box.
... But it's effectively not sending anything back to grid, and even if it sent 100-200w back, the main 200a panel is still pulling way more than that with the remaining regular loads)
I talked to them about this. When I originally installed a single inverter I installed my CT’s before the main panel to offset up to 8kw of the whole house. Worked as expected. Of course the CT’s are 90a so undersized for the effort.

They said one could put them like this for a dual inverter setup but of course new CT’s would be needed to fit on the bigger wires. I’ll be trying this soon. I have some enphase 2500:1 CT’s I can put on the main input wires. I just don’t know if the inverters will get confused both monitoring the same set of wires. Also trying to fit 2 CT’s plus my sense ct on the same wire is…hard.

Hopefully they will have the “use one set of ct’s” feature working soon.

I talked to them about this. When I originally installed a single inverter I installed my CT’s before the main panel to offset up to 8kw of the whole house. Worked as expected. Of course the CT’s are 90a so undersized for the effort.

They said one could put them like this for a dual inverter setup but of course new CT’s would be needed to fit on the bigger wires. I’ll be trying this soon. I have some enphase 2500:1 CT’s I can put on the main input wires. I just don’t know if the inverters will get confused both monitoring the same set of wires. Also trying to fit 2 CT’s plus my sense ct on the same wire is…hard.

Hopefully they will have the “use one set of ct’s” feature working soon.
If you could clarify please. Your CTs were installed before the main panel. The inverter got its power from a 240v breaker in that main panel. The inverter supplied that main panel by using the inverters AC input as a bidirectional input which made it an output To the main panel instead of an input. Is all that correct?

If you could clarify please. Your CTs were installed before the main panel. The inverter got its power from a 240v breaker in that main panel. The inverter supplied that main panel by using the inverters AC input as a bidirectional input which made it an output To the main panel instead of an input. Is all that correct?
Yep that’s exactly how I had it setup. I would zero out my meter 5am to 8pm during high cost rates.

1000032700.jpg hello everyone. I am new to this forum. But I just spoke to MegaRevo today and I was having an issue with one of my inverters. They sent me the latest firmware. I have a website of my own and I can upload it to a Backpage if it is wanted by others?

View attachment 156605 hello everyone. I am new to this forum. But I just spoke to MegaRevo today and I was having an issue with one of my inverters. They sent me the latest firmware. I have a website of my own and I can upload it to a Backpage if it is wanted by others?
Looks like you're on v23 (I just loaded v22 to get advanced menus working. (Supposedly there's an issue with Generator /AC Coupling feature on v22)

What were the issues you were having and what was supposed to be fixed with v23?

@fromport seems to be keeping track of them here.

Last edited:
Looks like you're on v23 (I just loaded v22 to get advanced menus working. (Supposedly there's an issue with Generator /AC Coupling feature on v22)

What were the issues you were having and what was supposed to be fixed with v23?

@fromport seems to be keeping track of them here.
It's not that I was having any specific issues. All of a sudden everything stopped working on one of my two inverters. Apparently an engineer from MegaRevo tried to do a firmware upgrade and it crashed. So I asked them for the files and I did it myself. That is how I came about having these files.

So I really can't tell you what has changed from one to the other.

It's not that I was having any specific issues. All of a sudden everything stopped working on one of my two inverters. Apparently an engineer from MegaRevo tried to do a firmware upgrade and it crashed. So I asked them for the files and I did it myself. That is how I came about having these files.

So I really can't tell you what has changed from one to the other.
Thank you for the new version, much appreciated.
I added it to my collection at https://www.dth.net/solar/megarevo/firmware/20230605/
Arm version is dated 20230613
DSP version is dated 20230605

I am considering updating one of my units to this new version coming weekend.

I have a problem if someone can guide me, I have installed 2 units to my uncle it turns out that the seller performed a remote update and it failed, they sent me the firmware version 2023 but one of the units was doing a kind of loop restarting continuously and therefore does not allow to install the update, is there a way to uninstall the failed update and install new data?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230711-074401.png
    Screenshot_20230711-074401.png
    288.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20230711-074415.png
    Screenshot_20230711-074415.png
    327.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20230711-074418.png
    Screenshot_20230711-074418.png
    337.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20230711-074427.png
    Screenshot_20230711-074427.png
    308.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20230711-074434.png
    Screenshot_20230711-074434.png
    350 KB · Views: 20
I have a problem if someone can guide me, I have installed 2 units to my uncle it turns out that the seller performed a remote update and it failed, they sent me the firmware version 2023 but one of the units was doing a kind of loop restarting continuously and therefore does not allow to install the update, is there a way to uninstall the failed update and install new data?

I updated to the latest firmware given above tonight. I am struggling with getting the Megarevo 8kW inverter to properly operate the "zero export to grid" feature, commonly referred to as "anti-reverse" or set through TOU settings in the "advanced settings > TOU > time 1-6 + grid charge/discharge config". I am currently only running a simple charge at night during Super Off Peak and Zero Export to Grid schedule during the day. No solar for this test system.

If anyone has successfully accomplished this can you share your config?
A file shared with me from the distributor regarding the June firmware update for those who need instructions.

Attachments

• 8KLNA-AdvancedMode-Instructions.pdf
    542.3 KB · Views: 20
I have (3) x Megarevo's brand new, open box for sale. 8KLNA models. Message me if you're interested. Preferably buyers in the SoCal region to cut down on shipping costs. $2k per.

If any of you have had any success in getting Megarevo's assistance in working out the non-working Zero Export capability please refer me to your contact there. I have tried all firmware version and all allowable combinations that are supposed to enable the zero export capability, but none of them works. The latest one has been running for the past week in advanced mode, but still it has exported to the grid over 8kwh. I contacted Megarevo's technical assistance last week, and about a day later got a WhatsApp message from them asking for the wifi dongle serial number. I replied a few hours later, giving Megarevo all information requested and even presenting photos and graphical data of the grid feedback.

Succinctly put, Megarevo never followed up on my request for help. This past Monday I got a call from a "Sales Director" from Megarevo named "Lavier" that happened to be in Puerto Rico looking for business opportunities. He said that he had received my lead from the technical line personnel. We met for close to 3 hours, and I shared much information on the Puerto Rico market. Ha represented that the techincal assistance personnel was working on the situation I presented. Since no response from the technical personnel was received, I contacted the "Sales Director" and he pointed out that he would follow up on them.

Earlier today, I sent the technical personnel a message that went unanswered and then contacted the "Sales Director". To my surprise, he advised that Megarevo would not honor the warranty of their manufactured inverters if they had not been purchased directly from them. In response to the exporting issue, he advised that whoever does not want to export to the grid should purchase an off-grid inverter. He went on and pointed out that Megarevo is certified by the local utility company, and then I advised that I would inform the local utility and the local Energy Commission of Megarevo's refusal to support their manufactured products on a clearly warrantied issue, and that Megarevo's refusal to warrant its products could result in their decertification. I advised that under the products liability laws all entities involved in the distribution chain from the manufacturer down was liable for the warranty, yet the "Sales Director" reiterated Megarevo's stance and refused to text with me anymore as he claimed that I was "scaring" him.

This is a most unfortunate situation, as until today, and excepting the non-working zero export function, I could only say good things about this inverter. I have been testing it under loads exceeding 8kw, even subjecting it to unbalanced inductive loads and it has performed better than expected.

Unless Megarevo comes clean, I will proceed and distribute inverters from manufacturers that are responsible and back their products. Too bad, since they were coming up with a split phase low voltage 12kw unit in September -at least that is what the "Sales Director" informed during our lengthy meeting-.

Last edited:
If any of you have had any success in getting Megarevo's assistance in working out the non-working Zero Export capability please refer me to your contact there. I have tried all firmware version and all allowable combinations that are supposed to enable the zero export capability, but none of them works. The latest one have been running for the past week is the June sw version in advance mode, but still I have exported some 8kwh. I contacted Megarevo's technical assistance last week, and after getting a WhatsApp message from them asking for the wifi dongle serial number. I replied a few hours later, giving Megarevo all information requested and even presenting photos and graphical data of the grid feedback.
Just for my own curiosity/learning, what values/data set are you looking at that show whether or not (and when) you're exporting to grid? (So I can keep an eye on dad's 8k unit)

Start with not relying on the Solarman App. While it does graphically show when the inverting is back feeding, and on earlier versions of the firmware it logged the amount exported, the newest version stopped logging the export power when you enable the zero-export function. I have a Shelley Pro3EM power meter connected right after the main breaker on the meter box where it logs both power coming in and the one that goes out. In average, the inverter is exporting a little over 1kwh per day. Apart from the risks of exporting when it is not supposed to, the concern is that without a net metering agreement one could be subject to penalties from the utility company and even civil fines, and to make matters worse if the meter is not set for net metering it reads the export as if it was import power coming in, thus you are billed 2x for the power fed back into the grid.

There are cheaper alternatives to the Shelly Pro3EM that might work as well in these circumstances. Just hook it up and you will if your system is exporting. Do note that the export is most common during the day, when consumption drops considerably to under 1kwh, at that time the inverter charges the battery to 100%, goes on to discharge it some 2% back to the grid and then recharges again. This is cycle that will be interrupted when consumption has sudden and considerable increase, as when the microwave, stove or a water pump starts to run.

Back