diy solar

diy solar

Midnight Solar

Oh, they work (as long as you have them installed correctly and have proper grounding). I use them in all my clients systems. Saved a bunch of them already in lightening storms.

MidNite works, yea. Just hope you're not directly struck by lightning.

Admit it. You just installed them for the cool glowing blue look.

Oh, they work (as long as you have them installed correctly and have proper grounding). I use them in all my clients systems. Saved a bunch of them already in lightening storms.
Got advice from several experts on how to ground them. You can only do so much!
Let me ask you something since you have experience with them. This is my first night after install. Since there is no power coming from the panels right now the blue lights should be extinguished meaning no power. Are the devices still providing protection with no power?

Let me ask you something since you have experience with them. This is my first night after install. Since there is no power coming from the panels right now the blue lights should be extinguished meaning no power. Are the devices still providing protection with no power?
The blue lights are just a quick visual go/no-go for the internal MOV circuitry. The leds require power from a source to work, but the MOVs inside the SPD are protecting the equipment at all times.

Yeah, the lights are just an indicator,
Think Midnite has some literature on this

Back