diy solar

diy solar

Midnite Solar Announced their new 10kw AIO at Intersolar Today

The included toroids, presumably for RFI suppression, is a thoughtful and worthwhile addition.

Impressed that the guy in the video is running a farm with no grid backup.

You know he’s motivated to build a bulletproof system 😎.
I assume those are for arc fault and ground fault detection.

42OhmsPA has a quote on the ASP 10KW. Someone correct me if I got this wrong. But it is in his thread.

$875 - not a typo, plus shipping from China. Shipping for one is $275 or so. The ASP is already on Ebay. Search for SRNE ASP. $1550. This is a reseller, so you can bet they are paying a lot less than $1500 for the ASP unit.

While he was quoted this price, he was also told by the same seller they do not sell to retail. Thus the comment, "No firm price on the 10K parallel versions of the SRNE ASP but price should be under $1500 each."

The only retail seller I know of was on Aliexpress at just under $1500. My guess is it will be around $1500 retail. Now if you want to purchase a whole container, I'm certain you will get the units bought at around $875. You could share the savings with all your friends here.

I want to hear of one installed, up and running and then, unless Midnite, Solark, or EG4 is going to drop their price by 70%, I will be placing a order for one, or more likely two of the ASP units.
I've considered buying 2 for test reasons but really this time of the year I'm already occupied with my time.

I assume those are for arc fault and ground fault detection.

Not the CT’s, just the simple white toroids he showed (and mispronounced).

They look like FT-140 toroids, or slightly larger. Probably mix 31 or 43.

That’s one of the reasons I’m going Victron. Two houses, mini farm, sawmill, car lift and no grid connection onsite.

The included toroids, presumably for RFI suppression, is a thoughtful and worthwhile addition.
That usually means they didn't pass FCC conducted emissions (electrical noise on the wires) with the filtering internal to the unit. The classic treatment for that is placing ferrite/toroid on the lines that exit the unit. Units which don't have that didn't need it to pass.

This is why you see a number of power supplies with ferrite warts on them.

1714048506238.png

Mike C.

While he was quoted this price, he was also told by the same seller they do not sell to retail. Thus the comment, "No firm price on the 10K parallel versions of the SRNE ASP but price should be under $1500 each."

The only retail seller I know of was on Aliexpress at just under $1500. My guess is it will be around $1500 retail. Now if you want to purchase a whole container, I'm certain you will get the units bought at around $875. You could share the savings with all your friends here.

I've considered buying 2 for test reasons but really this time of the year I'm already occupied with my time.
If you read that thread again, 42OhmsPA states that they said they dont sell retail, then he gets the quote for $875 and shipping quotes for 1 or 2 units. I believe its all in the same screenshot.
I doubt prices will be going up, so its likely ok to wait. As much as I like Tech, the bleeding edge can hurt. But the design is likely an enhanced ASF so the risk may be minimal.

If you read that thread again, 42OhmsPA states that they said they dont sell retail, then he gets the quote for $875 and shipping quotes for 1 or 2 units. I believe its all in the same screenshot.
I doubt prices will be going up, so its likely ok to wait. As much as I like Tech, the bleeding edge can hurt. But the design is likely an enhanced ASF so the risk may be minimal.
I was talking a bit with 42Ohms about this in DM.
The ASF can be programmed to run 120v 10kw single phase. So I was theorizing that maybe the lack of parallel board itself is the main difference but no one’s seen inside an ASP to know.

Just for clarity. SRNE does not sell retail anymore. The 875 quote was a vendor that sells directly to consumer. There is more info in the thread.

I really appreciate the modularity of the Midnite and the fact a great vendor (CC) will be supporting what looks like will be great equipment. It also says a lot about all the beta testing being done before these are put into the wild.

I wonder if Midnite plans to release a larger capacity model.
I'm looking forward to seeing the One in parallel as well.

Quote came first, then the comment of not selling to retail.

April 7th, price quote. https://diysolarforum.com/threads/srne-12kw-ip65-hes-and-10kw-asp.81544/post-1059820 Followed by post on April 18th about not selling retail: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/srne-12kw-ip65-hes-and-10kw-asp.81544/post-1069203 The low price is wholesale for a large number of units.

Just for clarity. SRNE does not sell retail anymore. The 875 quote was a vendor that sells directly to consumer. There is more info in the thread.

I really appreciate the modularity of the Midnite and the fact a great vendor (CC) will be supporting what looks like will be great equipment. It also says a lot about all the beta testing being done before these are put into the wild.

On the ASP, I'm pretty certain it will be just below $1500 retail. From any prices I have seen.

A pair for under $3K with 20Kw capacity is still amazing.

Quote came first, then the comment of not selling to retail.

April 7th, price quote. https://diysolarforum.com/threads/srne-12kw-ip65-hes-and-10kw-asp.81544/post-1059820 Followed by post on April 18th about not selling retail: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/srne-12kw-ip65-hes-and-10kw-asp.81544/post-1069203 The low price is wholesale for a large number of units.
I get what your saying, but its all in the same screenshot on the 7th. The $875 price then the delivery cost. 42OhmsPA... Can you confirm? Thanks

I'm concerned about RFI since I do listen to ham radio a lot. Maybe midnight can give us more info on this, I believe they tested rosie for RF on the HF ham bands. A airspy or even RTL dongle would help them test this.

I still want a answer why the USA made rosie only has a five year warranty but the china built one has 10? Also want to see it starting some serious surge loads like they demonstrated with rosie. Well pumps are a big one for us in the country.

On the ASP, I'm pretty certain it will be just below $1500 retail. From any prices I have seen.

A pair for under $3K with 20Kw capacity is still amazing.
3rd party reseller quoted 875 to consumer

3rd party reseller quoted 875 to consumer
He doesn't own any yet though at that price........

I'd buy a pair at that price if reseller was legit and there is support from SRNE. But I don't see that happening.

I still want a answer why the USA made rosie only has a five year warranty but the china built one has 10? Also want to see it starting some serious surge loads like they demonstrated with rosie. Well pumps are a big one for us in the country.

The Classic has a 5 year warranty.

How long was the warranty on the original Trace? You know, the ones that are still operating?

If you want a 10 year warranty, buy the Chinese model.
The longer warranty is probably to give customers enough confidence to consider buying it.

Also, 10 year warranty is required for many programs, including California's NEM 3.0, I think. Had to click through some "yes" boxes when applying.

Back