diy solar

diy solar

My 44kW vertical and bifacial set in Finland.

I also suspect my rack batteries have some kind heating elements included in them, but I have to open one to be sure. I don't need heaters for anything but at 130e/kWh that would be surprising.

Got two almost sunny days yesterday and today. Yesterday it was cloudy in the morning, today in the afternoon. 60kWh on both days (5 day old snow with actual heavy rain between and -1C to-2C only). Looking at the curves it should be possible to make about 80-90kwh in one perfect day in these conditions and maybe 100kWh with fresh snow and -25C. One and a half day to winter solstice so this is the best of the worst time possible.

Got two almost sunny days yesterday and today. Yesterday it was cloudy in the morning, today in the afternoon. 60kWh on both days (5 day old snow with actual heavy rain between and -1C to-2C only). Looking at the curves it should be possible to make about 80-90kwh in one perfect day in these conditions and maybe 100kWh with fresh snow and -25C. One and a half day to winter solstice so this is the best of the worst time possible.
Envious..
Been dark, overcast and grey here since October

Envious..
Been dark, overcast and grey here since October
I almost doubled my whole December yield with these two almost sunny days. Now barely over 0,3Mwh and rest of the month should be snow/overcast according to recent forecasts. Not looking very good in here either. Plus I think I have corona (my wife and my youngest daughter had positive tests this morning). Don't have time to be sick just now...:mad:

We open one small present each with our Grandkids on night of 24th, (a few hours ago) then the big show in the morning. So I have to stay up to be sure they are sound asleep before placing those presents under our tree. 4-10 year olds, so nice at christmas, they have the magic. I get the cookies and milk. Merry Christmas everyone. Enjoy time with your friends and families.

0,4MWh out of 44kWp for December. Would have been just over 0,3MWh without last day sunshine (70kWh). Got 91kWh today, which is close to maximum at this time of year and it looks like I might get close to 0,5MWh this week only. 2024 seems to have nice solar start, but I'm pretty sure Mother Nature will piss on my parade sooner or later... Probably sooner.

0,4MWh out of 44kWp for December. Would have been just over 0,3MWh without last day sunshine (70kWh). Got 91kWh today, which is close to maximum at this time of year and it looks like I might get close to 0,5MWh this week only. 2024 seems to have nice solar start, but I'm pretty sure Mother Nature will piss on my parade sooner or later... Probably sooner.
I thought you guys up there were in hibernation this time of year.

I thought you guys up there were in hibernation this time of year.
Bloody fireworks last night woke me up. Maybe few shots (bottles) of vodka and I might get back to sleep.:sleep:

Not at all - perfect weather right now: -22C here and snow, just no sun. Probably going ice fishing tomorrow :)
-26C and just a little too much wind to really enjoy any outside activities.

Read some news now...Finland today reached 21 NOK (1.80 Euros) per kWh consumption only, fees extra.
Let's hope you will have much production in the following days ^^

Expensive.

Read some news now...Finland today reached 21 NOK (1.80 Euros) per kWh consumption only, fees extra.
Let's hope you will have much production in the following days ^^

Expensive.

Spot prices - shouldn't affect too many people. It's due to the weather - we're at -40 C in some places (it's -30 C where I am).
It'll go even higher, to about 2.35 Euro per kWh and then drop again.

2.35 Euro!
WOW!, now if we could just sell some kWh to the grid at these prices...ROI would be so much better!
{If the North Atlantic wasn't in the way, I am sure Canada would be happy to run a line over, to help out UNAP!}

Like I said, it won't be an issue for most people. Here is the evolution:

It'll drop again fast enough. It was an unfortunate combination of weather conditions and a couple of power plants going down (and no wind, since there isn't any with this weather).

Back