diy solar

diy solar

My build thread

Oh wow, solar addicts anonymous..

Reminds me of Amy:

I think she was the founding member!

There is a long running thread on Whirlpool forums called "Solar PV Confessional"

Been going strong for 13 years and is still one of the most popular threads. All started with this post in 2010:
Ok, so I have this theory that getting solar turns perfectly normal people into crazy "power watchers". Whether it is reporting to the family at dinner how many kwh or $ fell on the roof that day or setting up a website with live power in / power out tracking – its all looking a bit "obsessive/compulsive" to me!

This thread is meant to allow us to laugh at ourselves and each other so I'll go first –

Please help me – I find I want to pop the toast up when its not quite as brown as I used to like it!

Update on the Hotspot mini split.
It's been working great. But I noticed that the outside fan didn't always start up properly.
I contacted support today, and they walked me through some troubleshooting.
We determined that it could be the fan motor or the fan motor controller. They are shipping me replacements of both.
It has been a very pleasant support experience.
Parts came, in a about a week. I just didn't find the time to replace them until today. It's working perfectly, again. Actually better than ever. The outside fan seems to be more variable in speed. The new control board has different electronic thingies in different places. So, I'm guessing that it's an upgraded version.

Back