diy solar

diy solar

Ok... beginning construction on a solar “generator”

Supervstech

Administrator
Staff member
I went with a 48v psw aims inverter.
1500 should handle most needs...
a mostly full toolbox of 60Ah LFP cells... I need 2 more for a proper 48v setup... I’ll scour Ebay for some more.

I figure I’ve got 2600Wh so far, and plan to fill it at 2880Wh...

Attachments

• CA2BF8FD-5871-4FB6-94E5-4A002C140C69.jpeg
    CA2BF8FD-5871-4FB6-94E5-4A002C140C69.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 63
This won’t be the final case... I’m going to get the craftsman stack for the entire setup I think. LOTS of wiring still to do. I’m using Anderson connectors to feed everything...

I love the fact 48v let’s me feed this 1500 watt inverter with #8 copper! Crazy!

.20200303_013710.jpgok, so, I finished balancing all the cells, assembled the 16s pack, and set a thick cutting board on top...
Connected my pwm cc, and a drock hall effect meter, and a 12v 40A reducer, AND a variable buck/boost controller so I can charge it with any power supply... the inverter works.
I still have to configure the cc and drock...

Last edited:
my gosh that looks familiar.0204201520a_HDR.jpg

Im interested to see yours in your craftsman case I'm not totaly happy with the Ridgid one its balance is off. I have a Dewalt box i'm gonna try next.
Although the cabinet someone posted yesterday Might be the real trick.

my gosh that looks familiar.View attachment 10415

Im interested to see yours in your craftsman case I'm not totaly happy with the Ridgid one its balance is off. I have a Dewalt box i'm gonna try next.
Although the cabinet someone posted yesterday Might be the real trick.
Yeah... the hump in the back forces the cells forward of the wheels... annoying. I crammed the cells as far forward as possible, and crammed the inverter into the remaining space. The weight of the inverter helps. And all large copper will fill in the gaps.
The ribs on the bottom get in the way also... I am building a platform on the bottom to raise the cells above the ribs so all will sit at the same level... as solid as the rigid case is, the design is tricky to work around...

Yeah... the hump in the back forces the cells forward of the wheels... annoying. I crammed the cells as far forward as possible, and crammed the inverter into the remaining space. The weight of the inverter helps. And all large copper will fill in the gaps.
The ribs on the bottom get in the way also... I am building a platform on the bottom to raise the cells above the ribs so all will sit at the same level... as solid as the rigid case is, the design is tricky to work around...
yes I put a sheet of plywood in the bottom for that exact reason.

I see what you're doing with the wheels and handle now! Just checked out portable tool boxes on HomeDepot... cases/cabinets for the DIYer always seem more problematic/expensive then you'd think.

What about heat buildup? Ventilation?

I see what you're doing with the wheels and handle now! Just checked out portable tool boxes on HomeDepot... cases/cabinets for the DIYer always seem more problematic/expensive then you'd think.

What about heat buildup? Ventilation?
Like I said... progress... nothing is connected yet. Still working out details.
I plan on the lid being off during operation, so heat should be fine... I want this weatherproof...

Back