diy solar

diy solar

Production from panels dropping up and down when AC output is on

ephestione

I own a Jesudom Voltronic clone, 5.5kW/48V/100A, connected to two strings, each with 5x 445W longi panels 48VOC (each string at 240VOC and 220V under load).
I just noticed that, under full sun, while I was charging my little EV at 1.7kW, the production from the panels was going up and down from 100W to 1.7kW, like, really fast, all over the place.
In an unrelated manner, since I had just received some new breakers that I wanted to add to my system, I turned off the AC output from the inverter using the builtin switch on the side (leaving only the battery charging functioning) and I noticed how the power output to the battery started from scratch at 100W, and slowly built up, reaching even 3kW, then going back down to 1.5kW and then climbing again to reach up to 3kW... still behaving shitty, since I would expect a constant 3kW output if panels were able to susstain that, but way less shitty than before.
As if the MPPT was having issues.

Shitty inverter aside, is there a reason for the behaviour behing so bad when the AC output is on? Is the 220V input from panels too low to have a sustained 230VAC output? I even lowered output to 220VAC but that doesn't change much at all.
The MPPT range is 120-450V so I would say it's a weird behaviour nonetheless.

Back