diy solar

diy solar

Quick Xionang app question

Rednecktek

Solar Wizard
Hey y'all, I've got a really annoying thing happening whenever I fire up my Xioang app I'm hoping someone knows a fix for. When I open the app, it spends about 2 seconds searching for devices and automatically logs into whichever one is at the top of the list. Problem is I sometimes have 3 or 4 batteries in the same area but it auto-logs in so fast I can't select which battery I want to talk to. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere that will cause it to wait until I choose the battery I want before logging in?

Thanks all!

That's odd, I had to select a device even when I only had one battery. IOS or android? I'm on IOS

I didn't respond because I have zero experience with Android. What I would try first is uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it from the play store. The Overkill app is another option.

Hey y'all, I've got a really annoying thing happening whenever I fire up my Xioang app I'm hoping someone knows a fix for. When I open the app, it spends about 2 seconds searching for devices and automatically logs into whichever one is at the top of the list. Problem is I sometimes have 3 or 4 batteries in the same area but it auto-logs in so fast I can't select which battery I want to talk to. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere that will cause it to wait until I choose the battery I want before logging in?

Thanks all!
@Rednecktek Andy at Off-Garage shows Overkill Solar vs. XiaoXiang app. Is the Overkill really that much better?
link:
He compares the apps, the best part is it list all BMS it finds on Blue-tooth and waits for you to select the one you want.

edit: fix typeo

Scat

Yeah, solves all my problems. I haven't tried digging deep to fine tune settings much but setting the capacity and cutoffs worked fine.

I just wish it would work with JK as well, then it would be a 1 stop shop.

Well shoot, it looks like the Overkill app doesn't talk to all the JBD's I've got. :confused: I'll just have to be close and fast!

Screenshot_20230818-105201_xiaoxiang.jpg Screenshot_20230818-105216_Overkill Solar.jpg

Yes, I closed each app before opening and connecting with the other. The Overkill app hasn't worked ever on this guy.

when I switch between apps I usually have to shut off my Bluetooth to fully disconnect.

We’re you able to verify the blue JBD Bluetooth dongle light was off before trying to switch apps?

I have no problem with the overkill app and my 4s 200a JBD.

when I switch between apps I usually have to shut off my Bluetooth to fully disconnect.
Tried that, even rebooted the phone.
We’re you able to verify the blue JBD Bluetooth dongle light was off before trying to switch apps?
Yup, gave it plenty of time to disconnect.
I have no problem with the overkill app and my 4s 200a JBD.
It's weird, it hasn't talked to the new BMS from the start. I argued with it for a couple of days before trying the Xiondnag app.

Overkill app does not fully work with the newer JBD BMS, can't read cell data but can adjust some settings.
Odd.

Back