diy solar

diy solar

Rayleigh inverters

mantonis

Has anybody come across Rayleigh inverters. They are ostensibly made by Rayleigh Instruments (UK) and sold in the UK through City Electrical Factors (CEF).
They also have a Polish address on their web site. Are they perhaps made in Poland?
I have not been able to find any reviews for their inverters. They largest single ones are 6kW but they have very large 3 phase one (50kW+).
The fact that they only have small single phase ones would suggest mainland European heritage as in many EU countries 3 phase supplies are available to households.

Hi. These are basically a Chinese system. I have just had the Rayleigh system installed. 10Kw 3 phase inverter and 8 x 5Kw batteries fed from 36 x 430 watt panels. And safe to say I'm disappointed. It maybe that the system is not setup correctly but it doesn't charge the batteries except from the grid the system has rebooted several times only seems to allow enough power from the panels to run the house. I could go on. I was persuaded to have this system by CEF, I have a trade account with them but even then these are not cheap systems. The monitoring App is rubbish. I should have gone with TESLA which was my preferred system but we had issues with the 3 phase, but found out too late there is a work around. Right now I wouldn't recommend these.

Hi. These are basically a Chinese system. I have just had the Rayleigh system installed. 10Kw 3 phase inverter and 8 x 5Kw batteries fed from 36 x 430 watt panels. And safe to say I'm disappointed. It maybe that the system is not setup correctly but it doesn't charge the batteries except from the grid the system has rebooted several times only seems to allow enough power from the panels to run the house. I could go on. I was persuaded to have this system by CEF, I have a trade account with them but even then these are not cheap systems. The monitoring App is rubbish. I should have gone with TESLA which was my preferred system but we had issues with the 3 phase, but found out too late there is a work around. Right now I wouldn't recommend these.
I have a smaller domestic sized RI Energyflow system. Although the manual refers to configuration via an app, this is not the case. You need to purchase separate kit to facilitate that. Bit grumpy about that.
However, everything configurable is available via the small screen on the inverter and I have managed to set battery charge during overnight cheap grid rate and then normal PV if available the rest of the time. Just now I'm getting almost the max (3.5kW) on 9 April @ 10:30. That's enough to run the air-source heating, the base load of 2x fridges, 2x freezers and various TV's etc. and charge the battery at apx 500W.
I would hazard a guess something is awry in your settings.

Back