diy solar

diy solar

Review of Solar setup PM 2500

SolarNorm

I have created a schematic for us to review and shared a photo of same.

I showed this schematic to a professional Solar Guru and he asked me to only move the Main Circuit Breaker to the just behind the Ceramic Fuse (as shown here), it was on the Main Negative wire to Inverter.

I have been helping a friend who purchased a van but the installation was sub-par and actually dangerous for a few big reasons.

I have now 100% completely re-done the Solar Panels (now 600 Watts @ 36 volts), MPPT, Inverter/Charger, Battery layout, Voltage Sensitive Relay, Shore Power Feed (loose arcing wires !!), DC Power Fuse Box, and all the AC & DC wiring.

The picture shown depicts the image except I added the chassis ground wires from the MPPT and the Inverter/Charger since I took the photo.

Is there anything I'm missing or should consider changing?

Thanks gang.

Attachments

• PM 2500 Solar Layout.PNG
    PM 2500 Solar Layout.PNG
    145.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Solar Layout PM 2500.jpg
    Solar Layout PM 2500.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Take at look at this post and then look at your battery cabling.

Exactly.
The diagram shows correct battery cabling, but the picture shows pulling and charging from the same bank...

Yes you are correct, pic vs. image is different, makes sense to change the Black 1/0 Lead wire to Battery #2 and then route Black #2 to #1, Thanks again (y)

Your wires are short, so it's not quite as critical, but I put the fuse AT the battery, that way it protects the wiring. If one of the red wires got grounded, the batteries produce enough amps to smoke the wire (even the heavy red ones). Having the fuse as the very first thing coming out of the battery, it will blow, and save the wire, and maybe the vehicle from burning up.
I just make it a habit of putting the fuse at the battery terminal and all wires go to the other side of the fuse.

Back