diy solar

diy solar

running shoes

e67

I have never had a pair of running shoes and the sneakers I have had are the low grade 40 $ junkers. I am 64,want to run only about .5 mile a day..
otherwise I will wear them for everyday use. I see some nice stuff for about 150......what shoe should I buy in the 100$-120 level ???
I don't want the ones that have paper thin fabric over the toe....I want well built shoes...what would you suggest and where can you get discounts on quality shoes..?

I am 68 and run about 30 miles a week. I have been using Brooks Ghost 14 shoes for the last few years now and I like them, but they only last around 600 miles or so and cost around $100 these days. You can buy them directly from Brooks and they even offer a 90 day return for refund if you don't like them after using them for as long as that.

https://www.brooksrunning.com/en_us

Brooks, Saucony and specifically New Balance that have a number of 1000 or higher ie; New Balance 1050 etc. As those are made here in the good ol US of A and address issues such as over-pronation and the such for us older guys. Plus with the higher end shoes you will get far more miles out of them before they break down compared to cheep chineeeeese junk. With higher end shoes I usually get 1200 miles before theyre gone.

Merrell is the brand that works for me. I finally wore through a pair of zero-drop trail running shoes I liked on my last adventure. Really well made shoes that took a beating and then some.

Get the 5-toed ones.

If you're brave, go vibrams otherwise get the 5 toed sneakers so you're not smooshing your toes anymore.

Back