diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar Upgrade Program 6500ex / 6000ex Shipping Date

akitawpo

Hello,
I just went through the new upgrade program to exchange my 6000ex to a new 6000xp. FYI, came to find out later on that the shipping for people on board with this program starts in May 15th. I appreciate the program, but this delay certainly pushes back my project and was informed about this after I started to disassemble my current 6000ex installation to prepare for my new 6000xp. For anybody moving towards the upgrade take this timeline into consideration.

Hello,
I just went through the new upgrade program to exchange my 6000ex to a new 6000xp. FYI, came to find out later on that the shipping for people on board with this program starts in May 15th. I appreciate the program, but this delay certainly pushes back my project and was informed about this after I started to disassemble my current 6000ex installation to prepare for my new 6000xp. For anybody moving towards the upgrade take this timeline into consideration.
I just received my 6000xp today(upgrade from 6500ex). I also was expecting a mid-May delivery but got ours in one week. We now have 6 weeks to return the 6500 to complete the transaction. I do not know why ours came so soon.

I just received my 6000xp today(upgrade from 6500ex). I also was expecting a mid-May delivery but got ours in one week. We now have 6 weeks to return the 6500 to complete the transaction. I do not know why ours came so soon.
You were one of the lucky ones that made it out super early!!

Well you got lucky. After I received my tracking, SS decided to go ahead and deleted. Afterwards told me there was a mistake and that shipping for mine was going to be in May. I decided to pull my old one and start the new build and now I have to revert back to get some solar until May.

Well you got lucky. After I received my tracking, SS decided to go ahead and deleted. Afterwards told me there was a mistake and that shipping for mine was going to be in May. I decided to pull my old one and start the new build and now I have to revert back to get some solar until May.
one alternative(and a more costly one) would be to buy one 6000xp outright now from a company that has them in stock...then when your exchange unit comes from SS in May you could parallel the two.

one alternative(and a more costly one) would be to buy one 6000xp outright now from a company that has them in stock...then when your exchange unit comes from SS in May you could parallel the two.
I already have one XP....this second one is exactly for that, paralleling them. But now I have half a system and have to wait until May.

Last edited:
I already have one XP....this second one is exactly for that, paralleling them. But now I have half a system and have to wait until May.
ok sorry to hear that. I'd appreciate any pros/cons you have experienced with the 6000xp as we will be setting ours up soon.

ok sorry to hear that. I'd appreciate any pros/cons you have experienced with the 6000xp as we will be setting ours up soon.
Currently all is fine. The wifi can be a little bit tricky to setup. But overall I am very please with the 6000xp. The only thing is I need the other one in order to satisfy my house demands. Wireway definetly an improvement. Seems my batteries drain slower due to less standby power consumption and overall effciency.

Currently all is fine. The wifi can be a little bit tricky to setup. But overall I am very please with the 6000xp. The only thing is I need the other one in order to satisfy my house demands. Wireway definetly an improvement. Seems my batteries drain slower due to less standby power consumption and overall effciency.
thanks for your response

Hope I'm not one of the lucky ones to get an early ship date. Going in for surgery on Tuesday and will be out of commission and unable to swap my 6000ex for the 6000xp. Was counting on the May date for my recovery.

Hope I'm not one of the lucky ones to get an early ship date. Going in for surgery on Tuesday and will be out of commission and unable to swap my 6000ex for the 6000xp. Was counting on the May date for my recovery.
perhaps you could request a "please don't ship before date" considering the fact that we must return our old Inverters within a 6 week return window...

perhaps you could request a "please don't ship before date" considering the fact that we must return our old Inverters within a 6 week return window...
That's what has me concerned. I should recover in a few weeks, but that might not leave much time to ship the old AIO back. I haven't received any shipping data yet so not overly concerned.

That's what has me concerned. I should recover in a few weeks, but that might not leave much time to ship the old AIO back. I haven't received any shipping data yet so not overly concerned.
The 6 weeks periods starts from the day received.

Back