diy solar

diy solar

So… what’s 100 batteries in parallel do?

I loved watching the whole video and laughed my arse off multiple times. However in the back of my head I was always wondering how did he recharge those batteries?
Yeah, if left in parallel that would require a pretty hefty charger for that much lead acid.

Shouldnt there have been more shrapnel? Watched the whole video yesterday the most he ever got was some sparks on his head and stepping on the hot crowbar. At some point he mentioned the batteries were getting a bit tired. I too wondered if he ever recharged or not. Im thinking not.

The plasma cutter was my favorite. I pictured him like a Tony Stark superhero. Stuck in a jail and he manages to build a device to slice right through the metal to escape.

Shouldnt there have been more shrapnel? Watched the whole video yesterday the most he ever got was some sparks on his head and stepping on the hot crowbar. At some point he mentioned the batteries were getting a bit tired. I too wondered if he ever recharged or not. Im thinking not.

The plasma cutter was my favorite. I pictured him like a Tony Stark superhero. Stuck in a jail and he manages to build a device to slice right through the metal to escape.
Sad part to that is, it’s not a plasma cutter, it’s just a honking big stick welder with massive amps available…
Plasma cutters use compressed air to do the cutting…

I made only one comment in the video…

“Hey, let’s perform a ton of molten metal hijinks next to a giant propane tank”…

I loved watching the whole video and laughed my arse off multiple times. However in the back of my head I was always wondering how did he recharge those batteries?
I was thinking same thing. I’ll bet he didn’t charge them at all.

Has anyone tested short circuit current of LF280 cell ?
I recall long time ago I shorted A123 2.5Ah LFP cell direct across 200A 50mV shunt and got 120A reading. Extrapolating that to 280Ah cell = 13,440A and wiring 20 of them in parallel (like in the video) would make 268 kA short circuit or > 5x more. Most powerful positive cloud lightning is 300 kA...

Do we know anyone who might have enough to try ??? :ROFLMAO:
I would do it and record it for youtube. I just don't want to destroy my only set of 105 Ah EVE cells. Hey if anyone wants to send me some cells to destroy I am all for it!

Back