diy solar

diy solar

sok sk48v100 clicking noise

vsman

I have a bank of 10 SOK SK48v100 batteries. Recently noticed when it is full- 2 of the batteries will start making a slow clicking noise like a relay switching on and off. The only difference I could see between those 2 and the other batteries is the BMS analog info states "FULL" as opposed to "DSG" in the other batteries. The balance, temperature etc all seem ok. Any insight?
Link to video showing issue.

I have a bank of 10 SOK SK48v100 batteries. Recently noticed when it is full- 2 of the batteries will start making a slow clicking noise like a relay switching on and off. The only difference I could see between those 2 and the other batteries is the BMS analog info states "FULL" as opposed to "DSG" in the other batteries. The balance, temperature etc all seem ok. Any insight?
Link to video showing issue.
Link to video with sound

Hello,
There is a relay within the BMS that you can hear clicking on and off. There are a few features on the BMS that we do not use including the DCT. The DCT (Dry Contact) is connected to a set of relays within the BMS, and that is the clicking noise you hear. I have spent a long time trying to find out more information on them, but there is virtually nothing out there. The clicking occurs when the battery is approaching 56 volts. If I'm ever able to get any information regarding this feature I will let everyone know.

Back