diy solar

diy solar

SOK vs Weize

Harmony5000

Hi everybody. Saw Will gave a good review to the Weize lifepo4 indicating the low temp cutoff works. Curious what your thoughts are on bms reliability between the batteries, also lifespan if anyone has experience with that. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

No direct answer to your question but I was unable to locate any contact information for Weize warranty.

SOK customer support has been exemplary in my experience. They listen to their customers and have made changes to their product because of them. Min always responds to every Email I have sent. I love the fact that their batteries are user serviceable as well so this was a major checkbox in my search. I try to refrain from giving my personal recommendations any longer (like Mac vs Windows) but given the two options provided by the OP, SOK has my vote hands down.
How easy is that BMS going to be to replace if it does fail in the Weize?

I run 4 of the 100Ah weize batteries 1 10Ah and 1 20Ah batteries from them. So far so good on all 6 batteries. They sell versions in 10ah, 12ah, 18, 20, 55ah, 100ah, AND NOW also 200ah as well! If you buy on Amazon they are sold by Powermall and BLT HARD and now XI Run. These are all the same company. I guess they just have 3 accounts because Amazon loves suspending companies on their platform for no good reason, or if Amazon decides you're cutting into their similar product. So that's not a red flag for me, but if anyone else knows of a better reason why 1 company in China would actually be a bunch of different ones feel free to chime in. Maybe that gets them over some sort of Amazon limitation, or so they get paid more spread out instead of all sales every 2 weeks like how amazon pays. Either way, they are legit so moving on.
I accidentally shorted the battery once and it was fine it protected itself and nothing happened.
I also went with Weize due to Will's cheapo review. Well, $399 isnt really that cheap for anything but I guess for LiFePo4 it is (for now) Their customer service was very responsive when I contacted them, but it was just for asking when they would have stock again, not a technical issue. I bought 1 battery to test and before buying the 3 more needed BAM they went out of stock for a month. They got back to me fast, I had a follow-up question, which they also got back to me fast on again and then they even emailed me 2 weeks later to let me know that they were back In stock so perfect customer service for what I needed. There is an 800 # and email in the manual also if you want it let me know. But they respond on Amazon for sure.
SOK and Battle Born were not in my price range. My needs are basically just a backup generator. Not using it daily. Although I have had my rig running for over 2 months so maybe I will be a daily.
For my price range, it was either Chins, Ampere Time, or Weize. Weize seemed to be a hair better from watching wills videos and honestly I like the colors better and the logos looked more appealing for Americans. They took the time to make a cool logo so I assumed they maybe did that with internals also. Lol.
Things to note that I found out after.
You can only combine up to a total of 4 batteries max. So whether you need parallel/series the manual states 4 is the max so 400Ah is it. The 4 max limit I think is relatively common but I am not sure if other batteries allow you to connect more with a load balancer or something. My cabinet would allow me to hold a total of 6 batteries and reading that 4 max limit immediately made me want to try 5 or 6. Soooo yeah that might happen sometime in the future, haven't decided yet. My plan was for 4 total but as soon as I read I can't do more my mind went to bad places. I believe many manufacturers say the same, I haven't looked into why yet. Prob a balancing issue, but probably some workarounds.
Also note charge voltage for 1 battery is 14.4v if you have 2-4 batteries connected then the standard charge voltage should be set to 14.6. I didn't know that so for the first month or so my controller was set to 14.4. My guess is the extra .2v is to help balance all the cells but idk that's just my guess. It did just fine at 14.4 but now it's set to 14.6 and also doing just fine. Maybe I wasn't getting 100% before but like 95% or something like that.
Conclusion:
I have had a good experience so far with Weize, it's a purdy blue and grey color, the price is $399, (yes, once upon a time it was $349 for just 1 week back in Oct 2021) so it's just a hair over chins but far less than the crazy high prices out there. If I have any issues that come up I will be sure to update. I will also attach a photo or 2 from the manual.
Weize is on the right track and I'd love to see them become a big player in the market. Cheap batteries with good construction, no lies, no scams, no games and well-thought-out internal materials. Hope that helps.

2022-04-16 00.14.50.jpg2022-04-16 00.12.37.jpg2022-04-16 00.13.19.jpg2022-04-16 00.13.32.jpg2022-04-16 00.13.58.jpg

Last edited:
I run 4 of the 100Ah weize batteries 1 10Ah and 1 20Ah batteries from them. So far so good on all 6 batteries. If you buy on Amazon they are sold by Powermall and BLT HARD. These are the same company. I guess they just have 2 accounts because Amazon loves suspending companies on their platform for no good reason, or if Amazon decides you're cutting into their similar product. So that's not a red flag for me. I accidently shorted the battery once it it was fine it protected itself and nothing happened.
I also went with weize do to wills cheapo review. Well $399 isnt really that cheap for anything but I guess for LiFePo4 it is (for now) Their customer service was very responsive when I contacted them, but it was just for asking when they would have stock again, not a technical issue. I bought 1 battery to test and before buying the 3 more needed BAM they went out of stock for a month. They got back to me fast, I had a follow up question, which they also got back to me fast on again and then they even emailed me 2 weeks later to let me know that they were back In stock so perfect customer service for what I needed. There is an 800 # and email in the manual also if you want it let me know. But they respond on Amazon for sure.
SOK and Battle Born were not in my price range. My needs are basically just a back up generator. Not using daily. Although I have had my rig running for over 2 months so maybe I will be a daily.
For my price range it was either Chins, Ampere Time, or Weize. Weize seemed to be a hair better from watching wills videos and honestly I like the colors better and the logos looked more appealing for Americans. They took the time to make a cool logo so I assumed they maybe did that with internals also. Lol.
Things to note that I found out after.
You can only combine up to a total of 4 batteries max. So weather you need parallel/series the manual states 4 is the max so 400Ah is it. Reading that 4 max limit immediately ade me want to try 5 or 6. Soooo yeah that might happen sometime in the future, haven't decided yet. My plan was for 4 total but as soon as I read I can't do more my mind went to bad places. I believe manyanufacturers say the same, I haven't looked into why yet. Prob a balancing issue, but probably some work arounds.
Also note charge voltage for 1 battery is 14.4v if you have 2-4 batteries connected than the standard charge voltage should be set to 14.6. I didn't know that so for the first month or so my controller was set to 14.4. My guess is the extra .2v is to help balance all the cells but idk that's just my guess. It did just fine at 14.4 but now it's set to 14.6 and also doing just fine.
Conclusion:
I have had a good experience so far with Weize, it's a purdy blue and grey color, the price was $399, so just a hair over chins but far less than the crazy high prices out there. If I have any issues come up I will be sure to update. I will also attach a photo or 2 from the manual.
Weize is on the right track and I'd love to see them become a big player in the market. Cheap batteries with good construction, no lies, no scams, no games and we'll thought out internal materials. Hope that helps.
What an excellent and thorough answer! I’m sure anyone searching will appreciate it!

Found this doing a search on these forums. Given they seem to actually have low temp cut off, the puts them against the more expensive AmpereTime / Chins batteries but priced like the lower priced ones. Currently $399 on Amazon with a $20 coupon.

Just started messing with 2 new Weize 200ah batts, at about 700 each on eBay. I thought these the most bang for my buck. Used one to brew a pot at 800 watts, took 12 minutes and the batt is still basically full.

Just started messing with 2 new Weize 200ah batts, at about 700 each on eBay. I thought these the most bang for my buck. Used one to brew a pot at 800 watts, took 12 minutes and the batt is still basically full.
What does “still basically full” mean? Are you using a volt meter to determine your state of charge?
I estimate that you used close to 60 Ah out your 200 Ah battery. That means you are at 66% SOC. Math is math and there is no magic to that Weize battery that keeps it basically full unless you are only looking at its voltage. In that case, it’s just a case of misunderstanding how a LiFePo4 battery works.

What does “still basically full” mean? Are you using a volt meter to determine your state of charge?
I estimate that you used close to 60 Ah out your 200 Ah battery. That means you are at 66% SOC. Math is math and there is no magic to that Weize battery that keeps it basically full unless you are only looking at its voltage. In that case, it’s just a case of misunderstanding how a LiFePo4 battery works.

I understand what you are saying, but all I have to go by is voltage. The coffee maker drew 7 Amps for 12 minutes, which I believe rounds out to about 14 to 15 ah out of the battery. After a 30 minute rest the battery read a little over 13.3v which according to the manual is a bit over 90%. New to this, so maybe in error somewhere along the way.

Back