diy solar

diy solar

Solar charge controller

Dimitri

I have one of those 60A cheap chinese controllers. The very limited instructions talks about a setting called “battery type description” . The description states that a “B1” setting is for lead acid batteries. A “B2” setting is for a lithium battery. I searched the settings over and over but could not find this setting! Does anyone know about this? It almost seems that this particular controller doesnt have this setting even though its listed in the instructions. I want to set it for my lead acid battery. i just purchased this controller two days ago.

thanks,
Dimitri

I bought one of those $13aud blue pwms that i often see on the internet for "entertainment" purposes.

I found it would bounce between 13.2v and 14.4v all day long and not retain changes made to the setting. I'm sure it's fine for maintaining a ride on mower battery with a small panel but i wouldn't get too serious with it.

Very few of the low cost PWM controllers are worth the effort of even connecting up.
If you value your batteries, search out a MPPT controller with a track record and 'set up' information that can be found on the internet

Very few of the low cost PWM controllers are worth the effort of even connecting up.
If you value your batteries, search out a MPPT controller with a track record and 'set up' information that can be found on the internet
Thanks!

Back