diy solar

diy solar

Solar set up for ev charger

Mr. Live Wire

Need a little help creating a solar set up to charge ev vehicle. We want to charge only in the day no battery system. Vehicle charger 240v 32amps. Thoughts on total panel watts required and inverter best for thus type of installation. Small structure will be built like a car port to mount panels and Equipment to

Thankyou this is confirming what I calculated. I was wondering is that the minimal we could install to get the car charging ?
It doesn't necessarily need to charged at maximum amperage or does it ?
It can charge slower as we don't drive the ev everyday. If it took 1-2 days to fully charge I am OK with that. So I guess I'm looking for calcs for minamal set up and what type of inverter would be best recommended for this set up

Thankyou this is confirming what I calculated. I was wondering is that the minimal we could install to get the car charging ?
It doesn't necessarily need to charged at maximum amperage or does it ?
It can charge slower as we don't drive the ev everyday. If it took 1-2 days to fully charge I am OK with that. So I guess I'm looking for calcs for minamal set up and what type of inverter would be best recommended for this set up

The questions are:

How many kWh/day do you want to charge?
Charge power?
Hours of charging?

There is no reason to charge at a high rate. One can argue that lower current charging is less stressful to the cells.

Mandating that there be no batteries means you're going to have to oversize your array substantially.

The 10-15kW can likely do about 20-30kWh on a good day, more on great days. Less to none on bad days. The big issue is having no batteries and having intermittent sun. That will shut you down immediately.

I currently have a 11kW system and on these very nice days with grid tie (so zero throttling due to not having a place to store electric) I can hit around 70-80kWh. I charge our EV with this with no problem (and run the house, etc). You could have a much smaller system just depending on driving habits, time required to charge, etc.

Has anyone used or knows if the anker solix F3800 system is any good ? I was hoping to make this work as it is pretty compact and expandable as high as 12kw and 53kwh
I would only be getting the base unit and possibly 2 expansion batteries equaling 7680kwh capacity. The system can only accept 2400watts of solar energy to charge to take advantage of the charge and pass through capability, any other means of charging disables the split phase 240v reducing it to only 120v output I’m not the best at the math in figuring this out but would it work to be used to solely charge an Ev vehicle that can take a max 40amp charge ? If not what would be the max charge charger could be set at to make this work ?

Back