diy solar

diy solar

Solis Hybrid - "No Battery" perhaps Pylontech problem - error code from inverter 186B2

Bignose2

Hi,

Had working for months

Solis 3.6kw inverter, 4.6 PV.
x2 Pylontech US5000

Alarm 186B2 "No battery" from inverter yesterday, 40% charge, CAN OK.
no charge lights on batteries, just flashing Run.

Turned everything off, left few minutes & back on & all was working.

Done the same just a few hours ago.
47% charge & CAN seems OK.

turned everything off/on again, still Alarm.

On battery, various SW button pressing, 5 seconds 15 seconds On/Off

no charge LED's, just flashing run again.

Disconnected 2nd battery & left just x1 US5000 attached.

Battery Off & ON & SW. now working on that one battery & have the 3 charge LED's.

2nd battery disconnected. On/Off SW etc. Just the run LED.

Could it be that they have got out of Sync & battery 2 is really flat by noon as reporting 47% charge & upsets inverter.

Will try just the other battery overnight when it's charged off grid but would be really good to get a handle on this.

Thanks I/A

Could it be that they have got out of Sync & battery 2 is really flat by noon as reporting 47% charge & upsets inverter.
I don't see why the inverter would trigger the no-battery error when it is getting 47% SOC via CANBus from Pylons.

I have Solis, but not Pylontechs, but the "no charge lights" doesn't sound right to me.

Suggest you contact your installer / supplier; failing that connect a serial terminal to the Pylontech's RS232 admin/console port to see if there is more data available there as to the fault codes / error state.

Hi,

Does seem a little strange

Solis came back to me with "Actually we have corrected the battery current voltages and other battery settings"

but did not go into any more details about "corrected". I thought the battery & inverter pretty much sorted themselves (as long as you select the correct battery model in settings) other than when to charge etc.

I have not messed with any settings since install over a year ago, although I think there was a software update a week or so ago.

Been OK last 24 hours, will see how it goes.

Back