diy solar

diy solar

Solutions from science panels

ZZShepherds

I have three panels from a solutions from science 1800 kit. I also have the wind mill. I believe the main control panel is bad. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to build a kit from the panels I have ?

Can you provide a link to the kit? Pictures would be great. Why do you think the control panel is bad?

IMG_3662.jpegSo this is what I would call the main control box. It has three solar panel that all hook in series. There is no information on the panels. It also has a wind mill that has no information on it. I also have two boxes that act as battery expansions. It’s an old system and all the batteries are bad.

Several years ago my dad got it from a job where he installed a backup generator. They were going to throw this away. At that time it would run a light or vacuum just whatever we could find just playing around with it. Now it will not fully charge off of the AC and anytime you take the AC away and try to run something off the batteries it has a humming sound and immediately throws a fault code.

I temporarily hooked up a couple 6 volt lead acid batteries to test the system before I tried installing it in an out building that has no AC power. The batteries are good and fully charged. I am just testing it with a 4’ led shop light so it isn’t much of a load at all.

3 old 100w panels are worth of total 50usd today if you are lucky so I wouln’t spend too much effort on building a system around these.
I guess you could build portable phone charger or something like that..
Get yourself 12…24v cigarette plug usb-c power supply. Probably works directly connected to one of the panels if the panels are from old 12v system.
You can charge power banks, laptops and phones along with gazillion gadgets with the usb-c output.

Back