diy solar

diy solar

SoyoSource Grid Tie inverter Limiter CT clamp question.

Hi, I have a SoyoSource grid tie inverter. The documentation shows that the CT clamp for monitoring must be after the injection of power for the inverters which must be between the grid and CT clamp. See page 2 here https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/A1t+pOY1-ZL.pdf

Why would that be the case? I was going to shut send the power back through an open breaker spot but I have no way to make the power inject before the main panel.

is this documentation correct or does it actually mean that the CT clamp just has to go prior to the appliances the inverters are powering?

Attachments

• sdsdsdsds.png
    sdsdsdsds.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 1
First off understand this unit is not approved for operation in the USA.

The attached document shows the CT installed before the load downstream of the grid tie. So based on that your question of if you can use a unused breaker spot on your Main panel to feed the entire Main panel I would say no. I imagine it is this way to try and prevent export. Though I bet it doesn't in reality.

I returned it. after finding a lot of foreign videos on it it seems American panels are just not designed to work the way counties with DIM rail breaker boxes are which makes it less usable sadly.

Back