diy solar

diy solar

SRNE 12kW IP65 HES and 10kW ASP

how long is the peak surge? probably no breakers would pop that fast?

having a double pole breaker per inverter? regular way to do it from what I've seen in other setups.
which is why it's also better to have each of them doing split phase so you can just turn 1 off if you need to do something and the system still has 5000 watts on each leg

I see what you are saying. Probably have to change the inverters settings.

I see what you are saying. Probably have to change the inverters settings.
Settings as far as you think it'll turn off everything if 1 of them goes "offline"?
but for the AC wiring into the breaker isn't that the only way it should be done? breaker per inverter?

Settings as far as you think it'll turn off everything if 1 of them goes "offline"?
but for the AC wiring into the breaker isn't that the only way it should be done? breaker per inverter?
This would be ideal - 1ea breaker per inverter

how long is the peak surge? probably no breakers would pop that fast?

having a double pole breaker per inverter? regular way to do it from what I've seen in other setups.
which is why it's also better to have each of them doing split phase so you can just turn 1 off if you need to do something and the system still has 5000 watts on each leg

like from will's old videos:
each split phase has this setup:
View attachment 212645
so as you grow the system you just add more & more 2 pole breakers on the right side

Attachments

• 20231202-092200_orig.jpg
    20231202-092200_orig.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 9

Yes, probably need to reconfigure and disconnect the paralleling cables.

If you want to go that route, yes, one breaker per inverter.

Should be because of the different ways it can actually be wired with those connectors.. I wouldn't trust any other type of wire with those connectors to be the exact same pinout as what they're doing unless it's "straight through" pairing then maybe many wires are the same (still not all)
It's weird they didn't just use rj45 and cat5 or cat6..
They are.
I'll be paying today or tomorrow. They won't ship until next week, regardless.

Why would you not just combine into a PDB, with a breaker on each inverter between the PDB? Using multiple backfed breakers seems like a total pain, and something that would be easy to backfeed the grid...
I think that diagram is just to illustrate a point. Not to wire it into the grid like that. In fact that could be the power distribution box. The wires on top cant be the grid at my location. It would require a main breaker.

They are.
I'll be paying today or tomorrow. They won't ship until next week, regardless.
nice
well I'm hopeful they work for you, seems like a steal I'll have to get on board with them if they do good

I just looked at their cables I though they were using serial connectors https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_port
but they're using VGA connectors? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VGA_connector

maybe they had a bunch of cables laying all for the past 20 years over like every office I've ever been to so they wanted to get rid of them 🤣

nice
well I'm hopeful they work for you, seems like a steal I'll have to get on board with them if they do good

I just looked at their cables I though they were using serial connectors https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_port
but they're using VGA connectors? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VGA_connector

maybe they had a bunch of cables laying all for the past 20 years over like every office I've ever been to so they wanted to get rid of them 🤣
It should be a DB15 serial.
Screenshot_20240501-165819.jpg

It should be a DB15 serial.
View attachment 212688
All the pics you guys posted show a VGA cable
3x rows of 5 pins

even bush beasts other inverter has it

oh boy I guess we'll see what you get LOL

The D sub cables are linked to on my "serial port" wiki page

Last edited:
All the pics you guys posted show a VGA cable
3x rows of 5 pins

even bush beasts other inverter has it

oh boy I guess we'll see what you get LOL

The D sub cables are linked to on my "serial port" wiki page
Very interesting observation, thank you. I will question this before I place my order.

Why would you not just combine into a PDB, with a breaker on each inverter between the PDB? Using multiple backfed breakers seems like a total pain, and something that would be easy to backfeed the grid...
I think if one goes this route, it would be best to have a separate panel for combining. If off grid or using a transfer switch like I like to use, then feed that combined power to the transfer switch or input lugs of the breaker panel.

If grid backup, then a separate panel for combining and backfeed a double pole in main panel with the hold down and a interlock.

If hybrid, then I guess you can take up all the spaces in the box :) plus hold downs or add a separate panel for combining.

Back