diy solar

diy solar

Stack xw+ 5548 and 6848?

underdog5004

I own a conext xw+ 5548. I have the opportunity to buy an xw+ 6848.
The determining factor is if I can stack these units to provide ~12kw of 240v split phase.

I think I've heard that conext doesn't allow stacking with xw+ anymore.

Can someone knowledgeable in the ways of schneider/Conext confirm stacking compatibility?

I should mention I'm off grid, but may use grid as backup (into ac1 in) at some point.

Thanks in advance!

I own a conext xw+ 5548. I have the opportunity to buy an xw+ 6848.
The determining factor is if I can stack these units to provide ~12kw of 240v split phase.

I think I've heard that conext doesn't allow stacking with xw+ anymore.

Can someone knowledgeable in the ways of schneider/Conext confirm stacking compatibility?

I should mention I'm off grid, but may use grid as backup (into ac1 in) at some point.

Thanks in advance!
I'm very interested in this concept, but for slightly different reason. I'd like to buy the 4048 as a low cost entry point ($1500ish) with possibly one or two server rack batteries (I realize surge is limited by batteries at this point).

Once I prove the system (and add both battery and solar capacity), then possibly buy a 6848. If possible, I could run the 6848 as primary and stack the 4048. Combined would likely be enough for whole house support.

Question remains: is it possible?

With most others, I'd rule it out because the stack in parallel for 240. But the Connect run primary with majority of load and secondary idle until needed. My hope is that it is possible.

Back