diy solar

diy solar

stone wheel mills for home wheat grinding

e67

Which wheat and grain mill can really do fine flour ,maybe with a sifting screen too, that is for homeowners and is under 700$....?

We have one of the Country Living mills with the motorization kit. It can produce very fine flour if you, but we haven't tried using any sifting screens yet, since we primarily are just baking whole grain bread loaves with it. We have also used the accessory plates to mash lentils and such, I can say that it's a pain to sanitize the mill after doing that though.

We more or less have all of the attachments/accessories, some of which are nice to have, others I would say are necessary if you are just one person operating it. See: Motorization kit. It can grind very fast with someone applying pressure to the wheat berries, which is impossible to do solo if you're also manually grinding.

It's not cheap, though. You're looking at almost $700 just for the basic mill. Add in all the accessories and motorization kit and you're looking at something like twice that. I appreciate they sell spare parts for everything. Having it for almost two years, we're very pleased.

I'm sure you can get cheaper ones out there. Can only speak to this one as it's the one we have.

Edit: Sorry, should have noted that the grinding plates aren't stone. I believe they're carbon steel. I should also note the motorization kit doesn't have much inrush, as it doesn't trip the overload on my MPP 1012LV, and that's just a cheap 1kW Chinese AIO inverter. Only pulls something like 115W when running, so it's great for even a small solar setup.

Last edited:
Back