diy solar

diy solar

Sungoldpower tp6048 / mpp lvx6048

dc1

Troubleshooting this inverter not charging properly, I have this sungoldpower inverter, was working fairly smoothly untill recently. I had to increase float voltage a bit before to keep it charging and now it won't even charge over 2a.
I've checked all my connections over and over, terminals to buses to input terminals all reading same voltage to within .1v and 0 or .1ohm while not energized.
When it sits and pv is switched off the display reads voltage properly with no load on the inverter, for example 52v, turning PV back on it starts charging, shows voltage climbing quickly to 56 (set bulk v) and drops to 55v and tries to float, always showing 55 while battery bank is at 52 or so and 40-50% soc

I'm thinking there's a loose connection or something inside, and they just keep giving me more firmware updates.

To their credit the last one did clear up light flickering with the washing machine and other surge loads. But something is actually wrong here at this point

Anyone have and experience with this kind of issue?

Well I decided to try and use this inverter with a bit of a load, around 3kw and I definitely heard an arcing sound just before it blacked out and reset itself. Saw around 50v on the voltage display as well right before it cut.

Definitely poor contact inside somewhere.

Back