diy solar

diy solar

Sunny boy inverter

Bluewatersailor

We have an old type sunnyboy inverter and I’m trying to use blue tooth to the sunny explore but no data is showing up although it say I am connect .
Any help please

Bit more info, exactly which SB do you have, is it a SB5000TL-21 as an example. Does Sunny Explorer report a good connection, do you know the user/installer passwords. Does it have DC as well as AC connected, it will sit acting dumb until it sees some DC voltage, min 125V.

Bit more info, exactly which SB do you have, is it a SB5000TL-21 as an example. Does Sunny Explorer report a good connection, do you know the user/installer passwords. Does it have DC as well as AC connected, it will sit acting dumb until it sees some DC voltage, min 125V.
Hi thank for reply
It’s a 4000TL
It say good connection .
No I don’t know the password but explorer say to enter 0000
Yes both DC and Ac it works the FIT .
Once in the program it keep trying to find the data but nothing happen ,
If I use a different day it says no data .

Attachments

• 93099FE0-670B-406D-B835-682D64F4664F.jpeg
    93099FE0-670B-406D-B835-682D64F4664F.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 8
On the left dialogue box you have My PV plant 1 highlighted in blue, this won't get you much if any data, instead click on the Inverter serial number and get that in blue. Your data should now start to download, give it a few mins to fully populated.

There is a question mark next to serial number, at least in first picture where visible. So not connected, not able to get data.

I suppose presence of serial number indicates you have, or once had, connection. By bluetooth? I use Speedwire.

For at least some SB and connection device, SB wouldn't respond until it had synchronized with grid and started exporting power. Which meant, if it had UL-1741 parameters and was wired to Sunny Island at 59 Hz, it just kept me waiting.

Is your SB exporting power?

On the left dialogue box you have My PV plant 1 highlighted in blue, this won't get you much if any data, instead click on the Inverter serial number and get that in blue. Your data should now start to download, give it a few mins to fully populated.
Still nothing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 6
There is a question mark next to serial number, at least in first picture where visible. So not connected, not able to get data.

I suppose presence of serial number indicates you have, or once had, connection. By bluetooth? I use Speedwire.

For at least some SB and connection device, SB wouldn't respond until it had synchronized with grid and started exporting power. Which meant, if it had UL-1741 parameters and was wired to Sunny Island at 59 Hz, it just kept me waiting.

Is your SB exporting power?
Yea it does export but now there not much daylight I doubt it doing any exporting now
It’s the right ser number

It has to be producing some watts, try again tomorrow when it's making energy. If it's connected by bluetooth a blue led should be flashing on the Inverter.

It has to be producing some watts, try again tomorrow when it's making energy. If it's connected by bluetooth a blue led should be flashing on the Inverter.
Green light it flashing ( not sure why green flashing normally it stays on )
The blue light on but not flashing

Last edited:
Correction, Blue light flashes waiting connection, solid when connected so you should be good once the DC side is making energy.

The instructions don’t correspond with what. I have .
It says go to setting .
Select the parameter group user right .
That does not show up .
See photo

Select the system in the system tree.
  1. Select the tab Settings in the device menu.
  2. Select the parameter group User Rights (All Devices).
  3. Select [Edit].
  4. Change the password.
  5. Click on [Save].

Attachments

• 3F628594-62D4-4170-AB4B-0A29BFBC0C64.png
    3F628594-62D4-4170-AB4B-0A29BFBC0C64.png
    686 KB · Views: 3
  • E05727DD-6957-4D36-898D-2FFF04DD994B.png
    E05727DD-6957-4D36-898D-2FFF04DD994B.png
    688.2 KB · Views: 4
Still shows question marks for the device. Does serial number correspond to the inverter in question?
Tell it to search again, see if it finds it.

I think it is not talking, for some reason. Connectivity? State inverter is in?

Still shows question marks for the device. Does serial number correspond to the inverter in question?
Tell it to search again, see if it finds it.

I think it is not talking, for some reason. Connectivity? State inverter is in?
The number correspond to my unit , I checked it .
I just don’t under stand why I can’t find the setting to change the password .
When ever I start the program and put in 0000 it tell me to change password .

use the ennexos to change the settings of the unit.. forget the explorer :-D

ennexos.sunnyportal.com

Last edited:
6. If any inverter shows a “lock” symbol when Sunny Explorer presents the plant, there may be an inverter password issue:
If the inverter(s) were previously registered to Sunny Portal, the Installer password is no longer "1111." Instead, use the plant password that was assigned during Sunny Portal plant registration.
If the "Sunny Portal plant password" is unknown or not working, contact service@sma-america.com to request a Personal Unlocking Key (PUK) for each inverter to override the password issue.
While waiting for the PUK(s), log in as "User*" with "User default password=0000," to see status* of the inverters. *Note: You cannot make changes to the plant when logged in as "User."

This is for Speedwire but cannot see it not being applicable to Bluetooth as well.

6. If any inverter shows a “lock” symbol when Sunny Explorer presents the plant, there may be an inverter password issue:
If the inverter(s) were previously registered to Sunny Portal, the Installer password is no longer "1111." Instead, use the plant password that was assigned during Sunny Portal plant registration.
If the "Sunny Portal plant password" is unknown or not working, contact service@sma-america.com to request a Personal Unlocking Key (PUK) for each inverter to override the password issue.
While waiting for the PUK(s), log in as "User*" with "User default password=0000," to see status* of the inverters. *Note: You cannot make changes to the plant when logged in as "User."

This is for Speedwire but cannot see it not being applicable to Bluetooth as well.
I emailed them some days back and waiting for a reply

Back