diy solar

diy solar

Temperature Pop switch solar panel side

SolarCanadian

It was an interesting comment on the recent torture test video (lithium phosphate battery) in the heat (would love to see one in the cold weather for torture test.) interesting comment a guy used a pop switch on the solar side to stop charging below freezing ? I’m wondering if anybody has any recommendation what kind of switch this is or if they’ve done a similar thing?

I’m still on AGM battery and really need to upgrade but just the cold weather in Canada is my reluctance and I can’t afford the self heating or low temp cut off batteries. I live full-time in my bus.

I also read another interesting comment, where a guy hooked up a 12v¿ heating blanket to a temperature sensor and wrapped his batteries in that, which might be an avenue to explore…..

I was finally able to get a litime for $310 Canadian in ”very good condition” off their website

Never seen that done but it should work. Only problem is if the switch failed but I guess that's a risk for any kind of temperature protection even if it was inside the battery itself.

Back