diy solar

diy solar

Tesla is working on new battery that lasts 1 million miles

Now if they can just make a body to last even half of that they will be set.
If they can make the battery last that long, maybe they will sell new cars without batteries, and you can install your old battery in the new car. :)

Now if they can just make a body to last even half of that they will be set.
If they can make the battery last that long, maybe they will sell new cars without batteries, and you can install your old battery in the new car. :)
The way I feel right now I couldn’t agree more...only 53 but started a new job 2 days ago and feeling about 95. Would have a hard time installing a new blade cartridge on my razor much less a battery bank in a car...

I think the seats/doors will fall off a tesla before the battery or drive train die. Lots of redundancy and barely any moving parts in the drivetrain/battery module system. Pretty amazing system.
I am setting up new 24v or 48v solar system and planning on using tesla battery, anyone have any experience with using tesla batteries?

Don't get too excited about the 1,000,000 mile battery. It will never be built (with this chemistry). I just learned the chemistry used to get that durability only has 80% capacity of the current Tesla batteries. Even worse, it contains much more cobalt than their regular batteries. Cobalt is something Elon (and most everyone else) is trying to eliminate from their batteries. Google cobalt and the Democratic Republic of Congo to understand. Plus, it is very expensive. It is still good research.

Back