diy solar

diy solar

Transparent Bifacial Panel?

DanielS

Looking to cover a pergola with Bifacial and can’t seem to find in any cut sheets if the panel is transparent around the cells. Anyone have any recommendations that would allow some light to pass through around the cells? Thanks in advance!!

Is there such a thing as a bifacial with clear borders? You'd think every bifacial would have that if feasible since it would increase likelihood of sunlight reflecting off of the back but I'm not sure I've seen one. You'd still have to have the wire traces/busbars between cells.

Edit: it isn't even clear if that video is showing bifacial with transparent borders.

I'm in Canada. But the Jinko 465w panels are as you described. Clear between the cells

20230817_154530.jpg

Are you looking for a glass-glass panel with more of a deliberate gap between cells?

Sorry…I somehow haven’t gotten any notifications that people responded to this!?! Thanks for the responses. Yeah, I’m looking for a pergola covering that will allow some light to pass for plants. I’ve seen very specialized expensive glass panels, but was looking for something more DIY. The Jinko looks perfect!

Back