diy solar

diy solar

Trouble with renogy 1 core monitor

My husband and I just purchased a used RV that already had 4 solar panels and a renogy 1 core monitor. The dealership said this was a after market install so they did no explanation nor paperwork/manuals on the operation. I am a medical technologist with 40 years of experience working on very expensive laboratory equipment so I do have mechanical knowledge but I am ignorant when it comes to solar. The monitor was working until we had a blink in the power ( our rig has a very expensive serge protector) When I got up this morning I heard a high pitch ringing and it was coming from the monitor. It looks like it is off as the display is black. Attempted to turn off/on by depressing the button to the right of the monitor, no luck. I also tried to do a disconnect on the 12 volt system to see if that helps, no luck. Hopefully someone here can help me out.

Could be the USB C power supply that went out or disconnected.
Power supplies can whine when they fail. Are you certain it was the Core One? Could it have been the USB power supply?

Could be the USB C power supply that went out or disconnected.
Power supplies can whine when they fail. Are you certain it was the Core One? Could it have been the USB power supply?
It is mounted with 3 m tape in a cabinet so I'm not sure. This is the one that shows leveling in the RV too so I did not want to pull it off till I was sure of what I was doing. I just checked the 12v fuses and the circuit is good. When I pulled the fuse the high pitch ringing stopped. This appears to be wired directly into the 12v system as the fuse that I pulled also runs the 12v water pump. Any other ideas? Thanks for your reply.

It is mounted with 3 m tape in a cabinet so I'm not sure. This is the one that shows leveling in the RV too so I did not want to pull it off till I was sure of what I was doing. I just checked the 12v fuses and the circuit is good. When I pulled the fuse the high pitch ringing stopped. This appears to be wired directly into the 12v system as the fuse that I pulled also runs the 12v water pump. Any other ideas? Thanks for your reply.
Yes, i just read the manual and confirmed aux power from 8-60v
Here is the manual.

Back