diy solar

diy solar

Two Hybrid Inverters together without communication, How can I avoid Conflict????

AndyCook.

Two Hybrid Inverters together without communication, How can I avoid Conflict????
Currently have a Sofar Hybrid HYD600ES and also a Basic Sofar Grid Tie running together. But I would like to fit another Hybrid HYD6000ES, so they both can charge Batteries and combine extra power to the house when needed.
BUT..... These models don't support communication between them, so how can I avoid conflict between them???
Is it possible, or will they both fight each other as there is no settings to make one master and one slave??
Thanks for any help!!

If they are not designed to interwork you'll need to implement a MITM solution to manage the interaction between the inverters yourself.

I would recommend that you dedicate one of the hybrids to manage the batteries as that will be a simpler solution - but maybe you are looking to increase total kW output when running off batteries?

Further thought... having looked at your other thread is that a MITM solution could also implement a more sophisticated control of battery charge discharge between your seplos BMS and the Sofar.

Currently have a Sofar Hybrid HYD600ES and also a Basic Sofar Grid Tie running together. But I would like to fit another Hybrid HYD6000ES, so they both can charge Batteries and combine extra power to the house when needed.
BUT..... These models don't support communication between them, so how can I avoid conflict between them???
Is it possible, or will they both fight each other as there is no settings to make one master and one slave??
Thanks for any help!!

You can only parallel inverters on the backup circuit if they support the feature, otherwise the units would be instantly and permanently damaged.

If one of the hybrid inverters does supplementing of AC input (load shaving) you can feed the output of other inverter into the inverter AC input that does AC load shaving of AC input.

The first inverter feeding the second inverter will be phase master.

Last edited:
You can only parallel inverters on the backup circuit if they support the feature, otherwise the units would be instantly and permanently damaged.
Only way I can think of is have each inverter run their own sub panels with their own dedicated circuits. Do not attempt to have them run the same circuits together or you'll blow stuff up.
As these are grid-tied inverters, I am assuming he is talking of connecting the grid/house load together, rather than backup circuits

As these are grid-tied inverters, I am assuming he is talking of connecting the grid/house load together, rather than backup circuits
Hi SeaGal, thank you for your advice. Yes, that is what I wanted as these inverters only supply 3kw from battery, so I thought if it was possible to parallel them it would supply all the house and I could change electric tariff to Economy 7 and not use any electric at peak time. It's frustrating as these are the ES models and Sofar do a EP model that does parallel ! I am still struggling to understand the Seplos BMS so I think MITM will be far too complicated for me! :ROFLMAO:

Only way I can think of is have each inverter run their own sub panels with their own dedicated circuits. Do not attempt to have them run the same circuits together or you'll blow stuff up.
Thanks for your reply, I hadn't thought of that. As they only put out 3kw on battery, I guess if one supplied the kitchen circuit and the other everything else, that could be an option...... I was just thinking of a way to not use electric at peak time, basically during the day and charge battery on Economy 7 tariff.

If one of the hybrid inverters does supplementing of AC input (load shaving) you can feed the output of other inverter into the inverter AC input that does AC load shaving of AC input.

The first inverter feeding the second inverter will be phase master.
Thanks, they have DRM and communication address etc, but there is no Shaving mode in the settings, so maybe they cant do that?

Hi SeaGal, thank you for your advice. Yes, that is what I wanted as these inverters only supply 3kw from battery, so I thought if it was possible to parallel them it would supply all the house and I could change electric tariff to Economy 7 and not use any electric at peak time. It's frustrating as these are the ES models and Sofar do a EP model that does parallel ! I am still struggling to understand the Seplos BMS so I think MITM will be far too complicated for me! :ROFLMAO:
YW. I guess it will all depend on what your peak usage is going to be. My Solis RHI 3.6 only provides 3kW from battery alone. However, since installing last autumn we used virtually no peak rate electricity - all solar powered in the summer and charge up with economy 7 for the rest of the year. Only on a few dark days in December did we run out of battery power mid evening.

We use quite a lot of electricity, but you just have to be careful what you turn on in parallel. So never run the kettle / oven / microwave / dishwasher/ tumbler at the same time as each other - takes a little getting used to, but can be done and, to be honest, it doesn't matter if you do run a few things in parallel, you just have to pay for them.

If a MITM solution in not up your street and you definitely need more than 3kW at any one time, why not simply replace the Sofar Hybrid HYD6000ES with a more powerful hybrid grid-tied energy storage inverter - like the Solis 6kW one that will do up to 5kW on battery? Then you have the HYD6000ES to sell second hand or keep as a spare.

YW. I guess it will all depend on what your peak usage is going to be. My Solis RHI 3.6 only provides 3kW from battery alone. However, since installing last autumn we used virtually no peak rate electricity - all solar powered in the summer and charge up with economy 7 for the rest of the year. Only on a few dark days in December did we run out of battery power mid evening.

We use quite a lot of electricity, but you just have to be careful what you turn on in parallel. So never run the kettle / oven / microwave / dishwasher/ tumbler at the same time as each other - takes a little getting used to, but can be done and, to be honest, it doesn't matter if you do run a few things in parallel, you just have to pay for them.

If a MITM solution in not up your street and you definitely need more than 3kW at any one time, why not simply replace the Sofar Hybrid HYD6000ES with a more powerful hybrid grid-tied energy storage inverter - like the Solis 6kW one that will do up to 5kW on battery? Then you have the HYD6000ES to sell second hand or keep as a spare.
Everything you say makes perfect sense to me! We use a huge amount of electricity, at home all the time, my son is severely disabled and I also have my elderly mum here as she needs care now, that with my wife and my young son, there is always a constant demand for power! I'm glad you use economy 7, so it seems I'm on the right track. Yes, in hindsight I should have chosen a Solis that can put out more battery power, maybe it will be worth changing to that at some point, one of the reasons I didn't was because I read that Solis don't support DIY batteries, in the sense that it invalidates the warranty. What I have already is making a huge difference to our energy bills and I am adding a second battery, so will have about 28kw of storage going in to the winter. Economy 7 should charge about 20kw each night so that will really help. I will encourage everyone to do as you say and reduce the parallel usage and if we still use too much during the day I will change the inverter. Thanks so much for your help and advice!

I am using my two hybrid Deye 12K (and also two GT Bluesun 15K) in parallel without any communication between them. They seem to work surprisingly well together as if they know of each other. Only rarely one can be discharging and one recharging the batteries at the same time so some wasted energy there. Can't properly parallel my Deyes with communication as I'm using both FLA and LFP batteries, so I need dedicated inverters for both battery types.

I am using my two hybrid Deye 12K (and also two GT Bluesun 15K) in parallel without any communication between them. They seem to work surprisingly well together as if they know of each other. Only rarely one can be discharging and one recharging the batteries at the same time so some wasted energy there. Can't properly parallel my Deyes with communication as I'm using both FLA and LFP batteries, so I need dedicated inverters for both battery types.
Sounds great, that would be perfect. A pair of 6kw Deyes running in parallel. I think if I had those I could be off grid during the day and just use great rate electric to charge batteries overnight when needed

I have 2 inverters running to a sub panel one inverter to L1 and the other to L2 each on its own leg BUT I am not using any 2 pole breakers all single pole breakers one inverter on one leg and the other on the other leg and I also have utility tied to each inverter in case I don't have enough sun to charge the batteries when batteries get low

Back