diy solar

diy solar

Connect two sofar solar grid tied inverters together

Foxgloves

I currently have a system Inverter is HYD 6000 ES with 10KW of storage, however we would like to upgrade the amount of pannels currently 18, we wish to add another 10, I wanted to add another inverter a sofar KTLM 5000 still be able to charge battery from both inverters. How do you connect the additional inverter? I presume there is some sort of cable that runs between the two inverters linking them and one being the master and the other the slave ? If someone could please give detailed diagram / explanation of how to connect the two inverters ? Thanks in advance

Welcome!

You'd have to check the Sofar manuals to see if those particular models support parallel operation. I did a quick search, out of fascination... it seems that some Sofar inverters support parallel and some don't.

If they don't support actual parallel operation, you would need to just use AC coupling between the inverters. In that case it is likely that only one inverter would then be in control of the battery and the other providing additional power (via the AC grid connection) - that is the case of my Solis inverters though, of course, Sofar may operate differently.

Hopefully someone with Sofar experience will chip in.

Get hold of the manuals and have a good read, then when the Chinglise confuses you hopefully a Sofar user will have the answer, welcome to the world of Chinese inverters. Plus just because the manual says it can is not 100% certainty it will.

Back