diy solar

diy solar

Update on the Water Damage

In case anyone cares, I had 2 floods into my bathroom the week of Thanksgiving coming from negligent people above me. I have had companies in and out testing and removing the positive asbestos in my ceiling and half of my walls, etc.. This morning I went in the bathroom through the tent and found a NEW leak above my tub. The first 2 floods were caused by a bunch of hair down their sink drain. The plumber came, but the neighbors didn't answer. It could be a waste supply line. He will be back at 1:00 pm... :-/

Last edited:
Ugh. I hope that works out for you. It's the wrong time of the year to be on Santa's bad side!

I hope you are being careful around that asbestos. Shouldn't the landlord get you a hotel room while they clean that up?

Ugh. I hope that works out for you. It's the wrong time of the year to be on Santa's bad side!

I hope you are being careful around that asbestos. Shouldn't the landlord get you a hotel room while they clean that up?
Yes indeed New Mexico Will I didn't leave because I COULD NOT. Sometimes these things quickly snowball. They gave me the option of a hotel, but which would you rather be in?

Yes indeed New Mexico Will I didn't leave because I COULD NOT. Sometimes these things quickly snowball. They gave me the option of a hotel, but which would you rather be in?

I wouldn't leave either, but please wear a mask or at least pull your shirt up over your mouth and nose if you have to go in there. Wet asbestos is not that bad, but asbestos dust in the air is bad times. Merry Christmas Santa! ☺

I am the owner/landlord of my unit. I don't want to spend my time in motels/hotels, especially now. I noticed a lot of dust since they abated...thanks.

The plumbers came about an hour ago and confirmed it was the waste line. They (the renters above me) said they weren't available until Friday because "they had to work" but THEY DON'T WORK.

Sounds like a public health emergency to me. Perfectly legal reason to access it.

Ah, I misinterpreted your previous post as you owning the whole building. Probably bad timing to get a government employee to help.

Ah, I misinterpreted your previous post as you owning the whole building. Probably bad timing to get a government employee to help.
No. I do not own the whole building, (Many owners) but who ever had faith in trying to get the government to help?? I used to work for them...

You know what's really messed up? The slumlord property manager for THAT unit works less than ONE BLOCK AWAY could get access their unit 24/7. These useless eaters above me pretend to work. I think they sell drugs for a living, but I cannot 100% confirm that, but they have loud mouths on the balcony. O n 11-24-19 they were told to not use the sink, but used the sink anyway the next day, hence the 2nd flood. They did not allow the plumber to snake the sink. They outrightly lied to the plumber on day two and said they didn't use the sink. He snaked out a huge tube of hair. Originally, they said on 11-24 he turned the sink on and went in the shower...forgot the sink was on...??? came out and the floor was flooded...??? The plumber said he saw a GIANT BONG under the sink. On flood two, they denied they ever said that and acted like it never happened.

Last edited:
Yesterday, (3rd flood), they were told not to use the shower/bath. Since they did not listen to the plumber the first time and have multiple people living in a one bedroom, I doubt they will comply. I may be calling the police today. I have emailed the main property manager, who does not GAF about me or my situation. I just want to take a bath...I need one...I am trying to figure a way to enclose the leak so I can take a bath..any easy suggestions? I am calling the president Board member too..although they promised to help the first time, but did not.

Last edited:
I am trying to figure a way to enclose the leak so I can take a bath..any easy suggestions?

Back