diy solar

diy solar

Using Huawei R4850G2 at 240v

bitbricked

Huawei R4850 seesm like a great power supply with ability of being controlled over can with ease, BUT AC inputs on those is Live, Neutral and Ground. That is great for Euro guys with 240v, however US 240v is split phase. Now, is it possible to get this supply working on 240v US? L1 to Live, L2 to Neutral? Anyone tried this supply in US?

Huawei R4850 seesm like a great power supply with ability of being controlled over can with ease, BUT AC inputs on those is Live, Neutral and Ground. That is great for Euro guys with 240v, however US 240v is split phase. Now, is it possible to get this supply working on 240v US? L1 to Live, L2 to Neutral? Anyone tried this supply in US?

I haven't used that one specifically, but I've used some Meanwell 240V single phase power supplies. The only option is to run them un-grounded, L1-L, L2-N. I made the mistake of connecting to ground, and it popped the power supply.

Thank you for teh input and wow that was unexpected! So this pseicfic supply is rated for 110v-250v. I just recived it and ran L1 on Live, Neutral on Neutral and ground on gorund just to test it out and get communicaton working. All went well and will be putting it together to go int othe charging box for 240v. Was planning on Doing L1 to Live, L2 to neutral and ground to ground. But now that you menionted it, a bit confised, What is a reason for yours to go go boom by connecting ground to ground. That is a bit strange, no?

Well thank you for the conflicting info! I wanted to hookup ground with the l1/l2 setup, but after reading previous comments got a bit skeptical. Would hate to kill the supply since it’s china only order and no one in US stocks them sadly. Now it’s decisions decisions to make regarding ground.

took a chance today. Did L1 to live and l2 to neutral first, and ps ran fine. Then added a ground but only hooked up by the most fine wire I could find in hopes that if there is something funky it will just flow the wire like a fuse at over 1amp. Well….it ran! Hooked up the ground using same 10watt as the rest, and no issues. If anything, seems like the PA is happier and fan is much quieter.!

Meanwell isn't generally considered an odd brand, and it happened with two of them. I assumed it was a dud, but it happened on the second one as well.
Yes but a particular series or something not auto ranging? My Meanwell LED driver and big power supply are both marked L-N-G and work fine.

Yes but a particular series or something not auto ranging? My Meanwell LED driver and big power supply are both marked L-N-G and work fine.

It's been about 6 years, and I dont' recall the details. It was a higher power unit that only accepted something like a minimum of 180VAC that would not operate on 120V. I have many meanwell LED drivers with wide input voltage range - not a single one of them has a ground connection - L and N only.

took a chance today. Did L1 to live and l2 to neutral first, and ps ran fine. Then added a ground but only hooked up by the most fine wire I could find in hopes that if there is something funky it will just flow the wire like a fuse at over 1amp. Well….it ran! Hooked up the ground using same 10watt as the rest, and no issues. If anything, seems like the PA is happier and fan is much quieter.!

I have the PSU and it works well with 120V or 240V input power. Best efficiency and max power is only available with 240V input. It's important to connect the earth/ground with a thick wire for safety.

Back