diy solar

diy solar

Valence batteries not lasting long at all

Seems to be. When you start with Solar I think you just have to be realistic about performance. I need to spend some time on those basic formulas again as far as duration. My grid really never goes down but did last Saturday during the Tornadoes that killed 3 people and blew a train off it's track here in Alabama. The MPP box kicked right in and I did not know we had lost power at first.
You just can't have big expectations and that's why I started small and stayed small. Besides it can be fun

Hi, How are your batteries doing? I bought 3 of these batteries and 2 seem to be fine but I cant get the 3rd above 50% SOC per the valence software. Is this dead or is there someting I can do to save it? I am charging them indiviually from my victron per the charging profile listed here before I connect them together. Thanks

I got info from Muller industries, which by the way sells external BMS. The guy said while these are “smart Batteries” an external BMS is still required for more than one Battery. He said I could get away without a BMS using only one battery. I believe him. I bought one. Hasn’t arrived yet.

Hi, How are your batteries doing? I bought 3 of these batteries and 2 seem to be fine but I cant get the 3rd above 50% SOC per the valence software. Is this dead or is there someting I can do to save it? I am charging them indiviually from my victron per the charging profile listed here before I connect them together. Thanks

How exactly are you determing 50% SOC?

I have a bank of 4 of the Valence XP-27 batteries. Mine are all performing very well. I also have the Valence software and adapter to USB hack I found on the forum. The software shows the charge balancing and SOC.

I got info from Muller industries, which by the way sells external BMS. The guy said while these are “smart Batteries” an external BMS is still required for more than one Battery. He said I could get away without a BMS using only one battery. I believe him. I bought one. Hasn’t arrived yet.

have you had any success with the muller industries bms?

Back