diy solar

diy solar

Vatrer Server Rack - battery arrived!

Seen enough cases of cells failed on the bottom of a stack to make sure I keep mine standing upright.
It really wouldn't be that hard to keep them upright on a wall mount unit. Maybe the form factor may not be as nice, but it would spread the load across more studs lol.

People fall over the conversions.
50 kilonewton = 7.2518868865 psi

The average hand grip strength for men peaks in the 35 to 39-year brackets. It is 110.22 pounds in the dominant hand and 103.84 pounds in the non-dominant hand.

Sweet, so I can squeeze a LFP cell and juice it like an orange! :LOL:

I've seen several of the larger RV style batteries where when opened the cells were laying on their sides. There's no real compression in any of them.
My opinion is wrong compression is worse than no compression.

So, is it OK or not? I was basing my decision on the layout of the wall mount and server rack batteries being the same design.
View attachment 210322View attachment 210323
For what it's worth I don't hesitate to switch my 48V 50Ah ecoworthy pizza box style battery on it's end if needed like you have it on the rolling platform. Just put it to use and enjoy

Not one to disappoint! I did want to verify that the unit Lithium Solar showed wasn't a 1-off. And indeed, it's just like their teardown!

The SOC was nearly identical to the SOC of my system when I got home, so the voltages matched almost perfectly. Just finished my cable, shut the system down, connected, and powered it all up. All good! I'll post more if anything comes up, but I think this could just be the right kind of boring addition that we all want with our systems.

I would suggest going deeper and actually getting to the QR codes of the cells, Varter is known to use grade B cells:

Interesting, you got two sets of rack ears too. I can't figure out what the purpose of the second set is lol.

That's a good guess; however, there are no holes on the rear of the case to attach them.
Honestly, I have no idea. I think I might use one set and grind a strap channel so I can loop a strap around it for a sense of security so it doesn't flop over on my DIY Dolly.

Looks like a solid option if comms aren't desired.

They do have a wall mount with comms for $1200, looks like it uses quick connects on the terminals and pairs to allow easy daisy chaining:

View attachment 209859

After seeing the review of the rack mounted version, I am inclined to go with this model, as it is more suited for my enclosure.

This comes with cables and a mounting bracket.

Thanks @plympton for the review, the products appears to be quality built.

Interesting battery for sure. Can they be mixed with Lifepower 4's in my rack. Fifteen hundred and change with shipping is a bit steep for more lifepowers.

Interesting battery for sure. Can they be mixed with Lifepower 4's in my rack. Fifteen hundred and change with shipping is a bit steep for more lifepowers.

The old style Lifepower 4’s (I have one) were just $1150 with free shipping if you spend $2000.

I’ve got mine mixed with DIY, Eco worthy and another type for years now without problems.

Note that I don’t use battery comms.

The old style Lifepower 4’s (I have one) were just $1150 with free shipping if you spend $2000.

I’ve got mine mixed with DIY, Eco worthy and another type for years now without problems.

Note that I don’t use battery comms.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah you have to buy two for that deal. How do they charge together?.

I just ordered the Vaterer wall mount version. It has comms and fits into my solar shed very well. I hope to then add more if it works out.

I just ordered the Vaterer wall mount version. It has comms and fits into my solar shed very well. I hope to then add more if it works out.
Post pix and description of how comms are working. Mine's been running a-ok and I'd be open to getting another based on my experience. I mean, it's cells, BMS, and a nice case. I'm just wondering how long I should wait before tossing all my packaging.

Post pix and description of how comms are working. Mine's been running a-ok and I'd be open to getting another based on my experience. I mean, it's cells, BMS, and a nice case. I'm just wondering how long I should wait before tossing all my packaging.
Keep it till warranty period is over.

Back