diy solar

diy solar

Victron 48/8000 Multiplus II 120v coming?

brandonboosted

Currently running 4 48/3000 multiplus II’s in split phase and I’m considering adding more power since I’m having to turn my water heater off to run dryer/stove. Seen they just released the 48/5000 recently so im wondering if the 8000 model will be next. Currently only available in 230v. Anyone have any inside to if this is the plan or not? Also thought about grabbing 2 10k Quattros but don’t really need the Quattro features.

Standard electric water heaters can draw 7500W+. What about replacing your water heater with a heat-pump water heater? Some of these only draw 500W or less when running. Many newer models also let you set a schedule, so the water heater won't run during specific hours.

Standard electric water heaters can draw 7500W+. What about replacing your water heater with a heat-pump water heater? Some of these only draw 500W or less when running. Many newer models also let you set a schedule, so the water heater won't run during specific hours.
I am completely for doing this in the future but my water heater is fairly new yet and only pulls 4500w so it’s almost manageable with a little more output power.

Currently running 4 48/3000 multiplus II’s in split phase and I’m considering adding more power since I’m having to turn my water heater off to run dryer/stove. Seen they just released the 48/5000 recently so im wondering if the 8000 model will be next. Currently only available in 230v. Anyone have any inside to if this is the plan or not? Also thought about grabbing 2 10k Quattros but don’t really need the Quattro features.

Send me a PM if you pull the trigger and plan selling your 48/3000's.

Also, if you want to run resistance heat just add an inverter to do that that comes on only when the water heater calls for heat or whatever.

Lots of big, cheap inverters out there that will do resistance heat no problem. No need for something as fancy as a multiplus just to power a resistive heating element.

Or lookup user efficientPV who runs his elements off of DC.

Send me a PM if you pull the trigger and plan selling your 48/3000's.

Also, if you want to run resistance heat just add an inverter to do that that comes on only when the water heater calls for heat or whatever.

Lots of big, cheap inverters out there that will do resistance heat.

Or lookup user efficientPV who runs his elements off of DC.
Interested in all 4? Send pm.

Your saying run a cheaper style 240 HF inverter for the resistance water heater? This isn’t a bad idea and haven’t thought about this but I really wanna stay Victron completely.

Dc prob wouldn’t be very ideal for me since the distance from my battery would require quite a bit of cabling.

Back