diy solar

diy solar

Victron All in One

Borrego

Victron has introduced an all in one unit in its European markets, it is 220V so it's not ready for prime time in North America. It is called "Easy Solar" It combines a
MPPT solar charge controller, an inverter/charger and AC distribution in one enclosure. I wrote to Victron and asked when the 120V version would be ready and they responded with 2024. I think it could make a good fit for my motorhome. I wrote back and asked if I could Beta the unit and I never heard back, it was worth a shot!

"Prime Time" is the 230v market as it accounts for just about the entire planet. 120v/240v here in the US is just an afterthought for them.

Victron has introduced an all in one unit in its European markets, it is 220V so it's not ready for prime time in North America. It is called "Easy Solar" It combines a
MPPT solar charge controller, an inverter/charger and AC distribution in one enclosure. I wrote to Victron and asked when the 120V version would be ready and they responded with 2024. I think it could make a good fit for my motorhome. I wrote back and asked if I could Beta the unit and I never heard back, it was worth a shot!
Because of parasitic draw, I would not want an all in one installed in an RV. There’s times when the weather is bad and I don’t want to turn the generator on, so I will shut my inverter off to save a few hundred watt hours on those days when its cloudy several days in a row.

If there were a feature to shut the AIO inverter off to save the watt hours when not needed, in compact areas like an RV setting, the factory will always be able to drop components together better than me for those installations that have so little space. That would be great for an RV installation.

Because of parasitic draw, I would not want an all in one installed in an RV. There’s times when the weather is bad and I don’t want to turn the generator on, so I will shut my inverter off to save a few hundred watt hours on those days when its cloudy several days in a row.

If there were a feature to shut the AIO inverter off to save the watt hours when not needed, in compact areas like an RV setting, the factory will always be able to drop components together better than me for those installations that have so little space. That would be great for an RV installation.
Great point!

If there were a feature to shut the AIO inverter off to save the watt hours when not needed, in compact areas like an RV setting, the factory will always be able to drop components together better than me for those installations that have so little space. That would be great for an RV installation.t

The standby for the Victron AIO unit is the same as their Multiplus units 8-14w, very reasonable.

Size and ease of installation is great for and AIO especially in a RV application, but I do agree you lose some control going AIO.

The standby for the Victron AIO unit is the same as their Multiplus units 8-14w, very reasonable.

Size and ease of installation is great for and AIO especially in a RV application, but I do agree you lose some control going AIO.
8-14 watts is workable.

Back