diy solar

diy solar

Victron charger idle mode?

Boisblancboy

During a power outage I’d like to use a victron charger while my generator is running to top off my battery. Where my setup is located I’d rather just leave the charger plugged in all the time. Is there a setting that I can change so that after top off it basically sits idle till next time it’s discharged?

During a power outage I’d like to use a victron charger while my generator is running to top off my battery. Where my setup is located I’d rather just leave the charger plugged in all the time. Is there a setting that I can change so that after top off it basically sits idle till next time it’s discharged?

Which charger?

The Victron ip22s will do this but max out at 30A in the 12V lineup and 16A in the 24V series.

Yeah I was looking at getting the 30A. Will it do this automatically or do I have to configure it?
It will do a an initial charge cycle then wait in float/storage and start charging again as voltage drops down with load. As eggo mentions you have full control of all settings via BT and Victron Connect.

I would suggest the lithium preset to start, maybe drop down the bulk voltage, then user defined/expert mode to tweak if needed.

Thanks guys. Bottom line it will work. I’ll just need to do some more learning on bulk, float etc. I have a time remembering all that. Plus the fear of screwing something up.

Back