diy solar

diy solar

Washer/Dryer, Dishwasher, and A/C!?

Which battery setup should I keep? Remember, the site for these is relatively inaccessible...

• Total voters
My 2 cents :
And welcome from the KISS club ! ,( KISS-keep it simple stupid ).

I took am interested in washer/dryer on solar,as well as stove/oven and heat/air.
Without getting into a lot of details...(some of you will be "upset" at my plans,some not.
I plan to simply wire up 1 system at a time,run it, determine what I need to do,if anything,at that time and take appropriate action!

That's
My 2 cents :
And welcome from the KISS club ! ,( KISS-keep it simple stupid ).

I took am interested in washer/dryer on solar,as well as stove/oven and heat/air.
Without getting into a lot of details...(some of you will be "upset" at my plans,some not.
I plan to simply wire up 1 system at a time,run it, determine what I need to do,if anything,at that time and take appropriate action!
That is kind of my plan. I installed 4 EG4 Lifepower4 batteries this weekend so now I have about 40kwh of battery capacity.

I plan on adding the dishwasher first, and then AC I am currently debating. Unfortunately since it's an island, there is savings in bundling. For example I'd like to do 1x 24k and 1x 12k BTU split units. To install them at the same time will be less expensive than together. But doing them together I risk overwhelming the solar setup unknowingly.

Either way I likely need wither the Victron 240v autotransformer OR a second Victron Quattro 5000Va to achieve split phase.

Back