diy solar

diy solar

Washington State Solar home laws

LarryC

Larry N7LUF
Hello, I am new to solar and started to think about battery backup system for two CPAP machines.
Now wondering about going bigger and maybe power part or the whole home.
I am 74 with a small income and live in a old double wide mobile home.
Looking at my power bill my usage from last year to this year 96.45 max and 62.58 kilowatt hours average $9.96 to $6.34, because we have burning firewood for heat.
I am sure that there is permits needed or not.
Thinking maybe splitting the grid power for part of our home to solar as we are all electric.
Or just go buy a MAXOAK Power Station 2400Wh/1000W Inverter BLUETTI for just our two CPAP.

Go big or go home Larry!

Seriously, building up a system for a few SEPARATE off grid circuits in your home seems like a good education and way to spend limited funds. Perhaps start with the CPAP circuit and go from there.

If it goes well you can then expand. If not, you have learned something and likely spent less money than the pre packaged systems would have cost.

Joe

Go big or go home Larry!

Seriously, building up a system for a few SEPARATE off grid circuits in your home seems like a good education and way to spend limited funds. Perhaps start with the CPAP circuit and go from there.

If it goes well you can then expand. If not, you have learned something and likely spent less money than the pre packaged systems would have cost.

Joe
Thank you Joe, I was thinking the same, but not sure about solar in Washington state for laws and how good solar works in this state.
I am sure what the state does not know if I do not tell would work.
I have done a lot of my wiring in my garage all ready and would be trouble by doing without permits, but was done by code.

Go big or go home Larry!
Okay Joe, look what I just did.
ItemNameDescription
Qty​
Taxable​
Unit Price​
Item Total​
BYD 24VBOX24V LiFePO4 Powerwall
1​
Y​
$629.99 (USD)​
$629.99 (USD)​

Shipping:​
$250.00 (USD)​
Tax:​
$0.00 (USD)​
Total:​
$879.99 (USD)​

Okay Joe, look what I just did.
ItemNameDescription
Qty​
Taxable​
Unit Price​
Item Total​
BYD 24VBOX24V LiFePO4 Powerwall
1​
Y​
$629.99 (USD)​
$629.99 (USD)​

Shipping:​
$250.00 (USD)​
Tax:​
$0.00 (USD)​
Total:​
$879.99 (USD)​

Happy to be a bad influence!

I really think you will be ahead in the long run and will follow along on your journey.

Back